BF2...and PRMM

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

BF2...and PRMM

Post by Hammer »

to continue the discussion... i had always liked Joint Ops and its style of capturing control piints (i.e. one at a time...), so BF2 PRMM has that style, called Assault and Secure. not sure if it can be coop or requires all humans yet... will be playing around with it for a bit before i head off to bed.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

apparently coop is not in the PRMM...
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

I suppose the difference is that in standard coop, you can capture any control point at any time rather than sequentially. I haven't looked at the game options in so long, I'll have to try again now and see how all the modes work and which mods work in the modes that coop supports.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok so looks like I need to get this pack and start playing.

Hey Buff I know you have this game as well tho never played it as it was not relay stragity. but with this pack http://www.realitymod.com/ it sounds liek it could be. and that I wouod be interested ina nd I bet you may be in for a few rounds to realy test that video card out :)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i don't think the 'sequentiality' of the stock coop mode has anything to do with it. they just did not implement it in the mod. that means it will be difficult for us to practice, and probably just have to jump into online games with other folks...

i will post in their forums and see if there is anything in regards to coop.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

K - i got an awesome reply from the guy that is bringing all the PRMM stuff to SP/COOP... it does have to be a dedicated server - which we fortunately have! i might try setting it up this week... there will be an additional dl for clients though...
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

cool ... i'm very available ... starting ... just about ... now. Let me know how I can help.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

if you are still around, try connecting to the dedicated server at rlg12.rlgaming.com (ip 207.158.47.183), pw=rlgrlg stock BF2.
Last edited by Hammer on 21 Dec 2006, 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok um additional download ??? this from the server or do we need to dl it ourselves ???

And hey man, I may give it a shot tonight when I get home.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you will have to download the stuff...(same for GRAW - see that forum).

the BF2 server is running, so please try to connect to it. stock BF2 right now just for testing.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

will try now.
Gator

Post by Gator »

well, something is hosed in my bf2 install. can't see any error message, just a black screen and then the desktop.

Will try a reinstall in a few minutes. Any suggestions before I blow it away?
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

can you point me at "The Stuff" I need to grab ???
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

right now Veg just the 1.41 update to BF2. i am running the server stock to test connectivity.

then grab the PRMM new version (it is LARGE):

http://www.realitymod.com/

later i will have the specific download ready for doing coop with Project Reality.

Gator - lots of folks had problems with the patch. a uninstall, reinstall fixes it - wtih patching straight to 1.41 - nothing in between. head up Veg!
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I well try the server tonight when I get home. See if things go well, Wonder how my laptop will deal with this game. My ram is low (512)but its got a dam good vid card (nvidea 256 megs ram). but Hey my christmass gift is the cash tog et the laptop to 2 gigs ram then its well be a smoking toy.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok good news, the game works great on this laptop and I can play on the server.

Bas news, if you are on the other team, you are frged PDT_Armataz_01_12
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i can connect - got it figured out finally. i will start to set up the PRMM stuff and PRMM coop stuff this evening.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

interesting behavior:
The problem appears to be my profile. When I deleted my profile, it worked ok. Just had to retreive my account info.

I joined the server just fine, but by the time I made it to the map, MEC had one the match and it cycled to the next map. At that point, it told me I could not join the server since I didn't have the booster pack.

Question: Do I need the booster pack or am I missing something silly?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

booster pack? there is no booster pack - or maybe i inadvertenly selected a map that is in the booster pack and automatically comes with the server. i did want to check out some of thos maps i did not recognize - guess we will not be able to. i will restart the server with known stock maps. give me 10 minutes.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

done
Helmut