Hammer

for those whose GRAW still works...

Post by Hammer »

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index. ... 41128&st=0

not sure if any of it is MP though...
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

is it for GRAW? Everything on page one of that thread refers to "GR" or Ghost Recon. They mention a dedicated server patch and a MP patch, so it sounds MP. Will have to check it out later when i get a chance.

I had soooo much trouble last week with GRAW - actually the problem was me. I couldn't aim for crap after playing BF2 ... Kept trying to pull up the iron sights (like you have to in BF2) and getting smoked by the AI who fire so quick.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

haha!

BF2 PRMM has iron sights and graw does not...!!!

it might be for GR...not sure.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

GRAW does have iron sights, but you [don't] NEED to use them unless sniping a small/distant target.

edited to fix my incorrect wording - likely the cause of Steel's misunderstanding.

In GRAW, there are many times you can make accurate shots at short to medium range where you do not need the iron sights whereas in the BF2 PRMM, you must use the iron sights for nearly every shot - with the possible exception of the "panic" shot at the enemy who appears just around the corner as you are running by.
Last edited by Gator on 05 Jan 2007, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well i do not understand then...

if both have iron sights, was it just your physical memory that was trying to do iron sights the BF2 way (right mouse button) vs the graw way (been so long i do not remember).
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I have GRAW with iron sights mapped to RMB, I don't know if that was default or not, but it's what I'm used to.
Of course, I think the exception is RvS, where it was run by default and I never changed it. :)
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I always map right mouse button to scope zoom in any game possible. It's just intuitive in my opinion to use RMB for that function.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen