Splinter Cell Double Agent ($19.99 @ Gogamer.com)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Splinter Cell Double Agent ($19.99 @ Gogamer.com)

Post by Softball »

For $20, I might order this. The retail price is $50, so that's some pretty good savings. I have the original SC and SC: Chaos Theory, and they were pretty good.

http://www.gogamer.com/Splinter-Cell--D ... ewprod.htm

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

That's a great price.

Everyone please remember that Double Agent requires a Shader Model 3 card!

Supported Video Cards at Time of Release

ATI® X1600/X1800/X1900 NVidia® 6600 /6800/7300/7600/7800/7900

Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT supported.

These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, video cards, and operating systems, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

Thanks for the tip Panzer. Thankfully I have a SM 3.0 card. :)

I placed my order today, dirt cheap shipping, so I'll likely get it sometime late next week.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Crap, 60% off? I may just get it now and wait till I get a SM3 card later to play it. I doubt it will be cheaper than this before then!
The Jedi Master
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

SM 3.0, it can stay there. Same point as Rainbow game, if you are to lazey to make it backwards compatible with 2 year old cards, then to bad, I ain't spending my cash and they lose money.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:SM 3.0, it can stay there. Same point as Rainbow game, if you are to lazey to make it backwards compatible with 2 year old cards, then to bad, I ain't spending my cash and they lose money.
Dont blame the publisher though. Apparently from what I've read, the Unreal 3 engine requires SM 3.0.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

still a 3rd person game???
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:still a 3rd person game???
Yes. Chaos Theory was also 3rd person and I had no problems with that whatsoever. The game was still hardcore and it was very unforgiving of mistakes if you played on the higher difficulty levels.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

did not say it was a problem - i just don't like 3rd person...especially in tactical shooter games...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:did not say it was a problem - i just don't like 3rd person...especially in tactical shooter games...
So how come you dont like it then? It's not because of any realism issues? That's usually the main complaint from gamers who dont like 3rd person.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

3rd person, O god WHY AWWWWWWWWWWWW

*Veg Runs away Screaming*

I will not play a tactical game in 3rd person. Things like Heroes and Diabalo, fine thats good in 3rd person, but not one ehre its a shooter where I want to see down the sights.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

exactly - realism. i just don't like it. makes it too much like Diablo, WoW, etc.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

imagination GRAW in 3rd person view, just don't seam right. also 3rd person can give you a line of sight around corners without going around the corner. I remember in MW4 a trick for jumping sniper mechs was to use 3rd person, and you could see over the building. Dump and as soon as the redial which you already had on the enemy mech, went red pull the trigger. That is one reason that a lot of games we played in competition, you could not use 3rd person, as it was considered a unfair cheat. But yam any tactical game should be 1st person in my eyes. Its my opinion, but hey just means I don't buy some games that others might.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, I guess you guys won't be getting Rainbow 6 Vegas then, it uses a 3rd person tactical view when behind cover. Heh.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:Well, I guess you guys won't be getting Rainbow 6 Vegas then, it uses a 3rd person tactical view when behind cover. Heh.
Hey Softball, let me know if you want to try out Coop Vegas some day.
Gator

Post by Gator »

I never thought of SC as a "shooter" ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Post by Softball »

Definately. I'm pretty sure Gator would like to join us as well.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

SC isn't a shooter. I'd say of all the enemies I killed or knocked out in the game, less than 20% were with the gun. The rest were all hand-to-hand.
Aside from the coop MP in Chaos Theory (dumped for DA :(), you also always fight alone. You're a special agent on the inside. Think James Bond with no flashiness or vehicles, just sneaking, gadgets, stealth, knocking out guys, sneaking, stealth, gadgets.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

sorry for my vernacular - geez. i do not like 3rd person in a individual (you 'play' the individual) tactical game. is that better?

you are correct SB - i seriously doubt i will be getting vegas.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Well, my point was more that SC isn't tactical at all.
R6, GR, OFP, those are tactical.
SC is more a shooter that uses pseudo-real weapons and situations. Although it's got the Clancy name, it really belongs in the same genre as Thief and Metal Gear Solid, not the ones we play online.

Your rejection of R6V is far more pertinent! :)
The Jedi Master