Lost Planet Finds the PC

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Lost Planet Finds the PC

Post by Falker »

April 13, 2007 -

Capcom let loose yesterday with a little bit of info that they will indeed be bringing Lost Planet: Extreme Condition to the PC later this year as Capcom's new multi-platform strategy moves into full swing. Lost Planet is just the latest of Capcom's titles to be announced for the PC following one of the biggest multi-platform moves by bringing Devil May Cry 4 to PC and 360 as well as it's usual PlayStation home. Much like the Devil May Cry announcement upset PlayStation fans, the recent Lost Planet announcement will likely peeve some 360 loyalists as well. Either way PC gamers should see Lost Planet PC hit store shelves come June for a nice price of 39.99

Link
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Lost Planet Demo:

GameSpot – log in to see the DL.
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/lostplanet/index.html

Home Page:
http://www.lostplanet-thegame.com/

I've had no luck getting this to work yet =/
It looks like you’ll need an updated graphics card with some shader thingy in order to play this.

Post details: Lost Planet PC Demo Out Today
05/15/07

Lost Planet PC Demo Out Today
10:51:22 am, Categories: Lost Planetâ„¢

The Lost Planet PC Demo is finally being released later today. Here are some things you can do in preparation of its release.
[More:]

1. Make sure you download the correct version for your computer. If you’re on Windows Vista, you have more choices, either DirectX 9 or 10, depending on what your video card supports. For XP users, your choice is simpler, as XP is only compatible with the DirectX 9 version of the Lost Planet PC demo.

2. Speaking of DirectX, make sure you have the latest version. The easy way to do that is to start Internet Explorer, go to Tools and select Windows Update. It should automatically detect and let you know if you have the latest version of not. Alternatively, for DirectX 9, you can go here and download the latest version manually.

3. Lost Planet PC requires a Shader 3.0 compatible video card. For NVIDIA, these are any cards from the GeForce 6, 7, or 8 series. For ATI/AMD, make sure you have an X1×00+ card or later.

4. Make sure you have the latest drivers, especially video drivers.
If you have an NVIDIA card:

• GeForce 6 and 7 series owners can grab the latest drivers Here

• GeForce 8 series cards owners can try the Beta Drivers drivers for a huge boost in performance. However, keep in mind the drivers are Beta, so use at your own risk.

If you have an ATI/AMD card:
• Look for Catalyst Drivers 7.4 on ATI’s site.

If you’re still encountering problems, please post in our Technical Support forum and let us know.

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/news.p ... _out_today
Falker

Post by Falker »

We need to pick up the slack and update the portal page. =] ... =p .... O.o .... ;B ..... :D
Gator

Post by Gator »

I tried the DX10 version of this last night. Looks nice. Runs smooth. It's a nice game, actually. Good shooter, although I've heard it's not very difficult since each "boss" enemy has his vulnerable spot glowing orange in a "shoot me here" sort of fashion.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Post by Softball »

I have the x360 version, some parts are tough, but the game is definately fun.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

SB, can you confirm or deny that it's 'Gears of War, but not as good' as i have been informed by a number of my friends.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Softball

Post by Softball »

It's nothing like Gears of War IMO, and Gears of War is most definately better.

Gator

Post by Gator »

I've also played both and agree with SB. Gears is more "tactical" in that you have to duck and cover. Lost Planet is more of a straight-up shooter where you can jump in a mech. Gears is squad-based.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Falker

Post by Falker »

I finally got around to playing the demo for this the other day. Not bad. The graphics are cool , and it’s a fun game. Kind of easy yeah , but once you get to the Hive it get a heck of allot harder. The demo was buggy. Not all of the options worked , like the grappling hook and video options. It kept stopping the game and telling me to lower my video settings.

Last night I got the full PC version of the game and it’s allot better. Everything works fine. I’m going to have fun with this one for awhile :-) I even get to drive a mech that has JJ’s and gatling guns , yay. I also like the storyline of battling aliens on another planet.
Falker

Post by Falker »

All's well But I have not been to Oxford Town..

Well there’s no save game on the PC version so ... you’ll need to start over from the beginning of the mission when Wayne dies. That’s a little stressful. Also I’m still trying to figure out to activate the chain saw on the mech.
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Falker wrote:All's well But I have not been to Oxford Town.. Also I’m still trying to figure out to activate the chain saw on the mech.
Coming from Britain i can tell you that Oxford is not such a great place so you are not missing anything there, and as for the chain saw, i suggest you get it sorted as those killer trees can be a pain in the rear! PDT_Armataz_01_12
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
Falker

Post by Falker »

For all you SP gamers. There’s going to be a Mod out for this sometime this month. IGN Posted it up awhile ago with more info on the way when it gets here. It’s supposed to support more alien monsters.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Hmm finally more info. I’ll give it a shot when it gets here.

In addition to the original campaign, Capcom has added three new single-player modes by repurposing the base content. There's a Score Attack game which allows you to play through single stages and string together high combos in hopes of reaching the tops of the leaderboards. This mode is a great addition and adds to the underlying thermal energy gameplay mechanic that keeps pushing you forward into more action. Along with shooting enemies, blasting the destructible environment chains your combo, encouraging you to lay into everything with your arsenal.

This game is fun! I enjoyed the hell out of it when it came out for the PC. It turned into my favorite games of all time becaue it's not just about hide and seek. Your on a time clock and you haft to have those little energy pellets to survive. And you’ll blow up anyone to get to it. Check out this new Mod Clip! I know it says it’s for the X-Box , I expect it will be for both the X-Box and the PC after reading the article.

Single player Mod.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1422 ... mited.html

Akrid Egg Battle Online Mode. Looks like Multi Player to me. In Space even!..Way to go Mod Guys. :)
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1422 ... 51408.html

Kewl NEW weapon on that Mech.
http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1422 ... 31208.html

From IGN:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/881/881684p1.html
Falker

Post by Falker »

I started playing this game today and so far it’s the same same. Though I’m only on my second mission,.. I’m sure something different will pop up soon enough.. Like take Multi Player for instance. I don’t see any WOF coming in here and wanting some of this ! Lol However if you change your mines and wont some of Falker , then you’ll need to sign up for Windows Live. It’s some sort of gaming platform that MS has came up with to make things more difficult. Enter your email and access code to play games. Bah , I know it’s BS but sometimes it’s better than nothing.

Anyho , I’m playing and I done see any WOF coming in here to take me on so I guess I’m the champ. HAHAHA! Yup I’ve always been cocky , and if you want to do something about it then come get some PDT_Armataz_01_12

Okay for real: If you want to play this game and have any problems then PM me or post it up. I’ll help out anyway I can. It took me a few days in my spare time to get this up and running. See you on the Battlefield Gents.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I don't have Lost Planet for PC, and I'm busy with Age of Conan. Sorry Falker.