ANYONE SEEN THIS NEW GAME?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

ANYONE SEEN THIS NEW GAME?

Post by Buffalo Six »

looks like Olegs 1C studio had a hand in this and frankly...it looks good. Looks liek a much better version of the old Close Combat series...take a look and tell me what you think.

http://www.battlefront.com/products/tow/index.html
Softball

Post by Softball »

If this is the same game I'm thinking of, this was supposed to come out 2 or 3 years ago. It was once called Wartime Command, among other names. I have been waiting for this game for a long time now. I'll have to check out the demo.

Here's some info I found on IGN about it.
http://pc.ign.com/objects/496/496112.html

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you guys don't get ouot much and otherwise generally ignore my posts, eh? ;)

phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=11056
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

no I don't get out much, don't rub it in PDT_Armataz_01_12
Softball

Post by Softball »

Doh!

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

there is a demo for this game now...

you might try it. seems very tactical and technical, some might like it...

Buff, SB, Gator...
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I played the demo a few weeks ago, liked it enough to get the full version. I was lucky enough to get the Download AND the DVD for the pre-order price ($45).

It's a very slow paced game, don't expect any quick battles, and have lots of patience. There are still some bugs that need to be addressed, like tanks not firing from a stopped position. For example: If a tank holding back waiting for a command, if enemy troops or an enemy vehicle come withing firing range, and you click on the enemy to attack, the tank starts moving towards the target without firing. Yet, if you don't touch the tank and just let the AI control when it fires, it will fire from a sitting position no problem. I hope this gets fixed in a patch, it's very annoying. I have played probably a good 1 1/2 hours so far, I would give it a 7.5/10 from what I have played so far.

I just received my DVD copy last Friday, but I already have the DL version installed. The mouse/camera controls take some getting used to, but they allow you completely free movement around the map, fog of war is implimented. I definately need to get some more time on this, I haven't even got past all of the tutorials yet. I am getting my ass handed to me so far, yes in the tutorials. It's pretty tough, lol. I am playing on the "Realistic" (hard) setting, with full Morale turned on (automatic with Realistic setting).

I'll post more details and info on this when I get time. I haven't touched the MP yet, and there is a mission editor (missions only, No map editing).

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

"It's a very slow paced game, don't expect any quick battles, and have lots of patience."

you mean like real combat as if it was you getting shot at??? )
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

got my copy today - costed me First to Fight in trade.

SimHQ forums are very negative about the game... MP is supposed to not be working...

SB we should test it to see. i liked the demo so far - there are some issues to be worked and hopefully they will fix some stuff.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Sure thing Steel. I'll see if I can get online tonight. You gonna be around?

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not sure yet...
Helmut