GRAW2 intel

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

GRAW2 intel

Post by VEGETA »

First compare between the 2 GRAW versions, things I like in GRAW 2 now.

Here are requirements
http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/graw2/info/sysreq.php
On the same site there are weapons lists, and such.

To be honest Went back to GRAW last week for a short game or 2 and found that its actually smother then ARMA on my laptop, looks better for me. Now maybe I have ARMA set a little low on my laptop but o well. I am thinking of picking this game up now in the near future and see what happens.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Some good info there Veg. Thanks for posting it.

My copy of Graw 2 (PC) should be coming in the mail any day now.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well just the fact they (GRAW companey) make a chart showing diffrences shows that they want to make people buy this. they must have realized last one was a bit of a flop.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Well, I have been playing thru the SP missions on the PC for GRAW2. So far I am impressed with the game play and the graphics are really good. Of course I can run it on uber everything but it all seems better and more refined over GRAW's Diesel game engine. I'm not sure how things look without a Ageia Phyx card but on my rig the expolsions are outstanding. So much so, that I have actually gotten killed just standign there watching them.

Gameplay in SP is smooth. Controlling the AI ghosts is easier and the ROE modes of Assault or Recon help keep them from telling the world where you are. At times your AI ghosts are good....other time they are dumb as fence posts.

Weapons are updated. You have all the ones from GRAW, but also added are the M14 (single shot only) with the option for a tactical sniper scope or red dot. They added a M4 but I like Brettzies Weapons mod because he added in the ACOG, a really nice M4 with correct M203, a steller Mk12 that is just deadly, a Mk23 SOCOM .45 APC pistola, and if you need it a M16A4 (standard 20" front line M16) with all the goodies on it. The mod tools were just released on Monday 8/13 so I'll keep an eye on what that brings us.

I have not yet dived into the MP side, but for the most part it is heavy on the PvP aspect and right now light on the COOP side. If I can figure out the mod tools maybe I can make some decent maps/missions for us to play. IIRC the main thing we hated in MP GRAW was all the freaking sniper hunts in a liner path map.

I believe Best Buy has it for 40 bucks ATM.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote:
I believe Best Buy has it for 40 bucks ATM.
I got my copy from GoGamer.com for 34.95. Hey Buff, we can play GRAW 2 on Friday if you like.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

nice comparo Veg - thx. can you PLEASE shrink the pics or just link to them??? PLEASE???

i still doubt i will get it, but this helps me put some doubt upon that decision.

is it by the same company that did graw 1?

ubi is the real devil here. they pushed the release of graw 1 and we all know it was unfinished. it was a company play to garner more revenue. it is too bad that ubi is still the publisher...

i still may not buy it upon pronciple, and i do like the openness of arma better.

any of you guys looked at the mission editor for this?

how does vehicle damage system work?

any vehicles useable (i don't remember)?

what are the game modes?
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Steel its a dirct link to here http://ghostrecon.us.ubi.com/graw2/_img ... raw2pc.jpg

Its a ubi chart actually, I never made it which shows they are pushing it. I will try and resize after when i get home and put a copy on my own webspace

and yes bestbuy got it at 40$, gogamer at 35 so we will see.

Here is bestbuy link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 4694102365

To be honest I think I will pick it up as hey to be hoenst ARMA VS GRAW graphics, I am relay thinking I like the ghost graphics better. Now my system is not the best but hey again thats my take on it. And for 40$ o well.
Last edited by VEGETA on 14 Aug 2007, 11:58, edited 1 time in total.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Don't make me regret not buying at from GoGamer when it was 29.90. GRRR!!

So far the only bad thinig I have heard about GRAW2 is the less than intelligent AI. I really like the X360 version of GRAW2, but if enough of us RLG members that have it think it would be worth getting for us to play as a GROUP, then I may reconsider. Like Steel said, I like and prefer ArmA for it's openness and growth potential.

In the X360 version of GRAW2, you have use of the drone in MP, and the cross comms are MUCH better (Full color) so you can see what the other team members see. Another perk is that you can change weapons in game, by grabbing enemy weapons or weapons from dead friendlies.

If this keeps up, I just might be convinced to get it for PC.
Last edited by Softball on 14 Aug 2007, 12:25, edited 2 times in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well issue I am having with ARMA is the missions. I liked the old days or ghost recond where we had very specific missions. find this guy take him back to here and whatever. The missions we have been doing seam more like hunts and just taking and holding a area. Its not as tactical as some of the original ghost recon stuff I remember doing.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Well, three of us have GRAW 2 for the PC so far so hopefully that will be a good start to get the ball rolling....
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Ok, the full mod tools were released yesterday, and its going to take me a while to figure them out. I never made stuff with IGOR for OGR, i just let Lancer do all the heavy lifting with his great 151st mod packages.

From what I read last night (skimmed really) is that you just script missions using their tools. COOP missions can be made to have objectives, rescues etc...if someone can figure out the scripting. I'll take a look at it this weekend when I'm in Denver. They provided 3 PDF tutorials so I'll print them at work and read them this weekend.

The AI can be bloody stupid and good from one sec to the next. Enemy AI is about the same, and I think depending on how they are set up (patrol, guarding, running amuck) they can be tough or dumb as posts. One thing, they are not total crack shots, they miss a lot, but head shots will end your day and so will a .50 round (or as usual, many .50 rounds all traveling together) will ruin your day. Right now, in GRAW2 you cant seem to pick up mags, but you can pickup and use dropped weapons. But to get around this they sometimes give you a M.U.L.E. which is a fancy item for resupply, think of it like a remote control rolling armored ammo crate.

Steel, no other than moving a MULE around (and it is tedious) you cant drive anything. Vehicle damage seems about the same as GRAW, in that to take out a Mexican M1 (yes we sold them the M1, but not the good armor) it still takes a Zeus or a RPG to take them out. Armored cars and your basic vehicles can be shot to hell or a well placed 'nade will produce a wonderful result complete with badguys flying thru the air.

one thing I must stress. VEG IS NOT ALLOWED TO THROW GRENADES!. They seem to be covered in a synthetic rubber polymer polybutadiene vulcanized with sulfur at a temperature of 165 degrees Celsius and at a pressure of 80 atmospheres that causes them to act like a damn Wham-o superball! M203 type grenades work as advertised
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Panzer I wont be here from Thurs noon till late sunday, heading out to Denver to most likely see my 97 year old grandmother for the last time, its her time, but it also really sucks....anyway I wont be here this weekend
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Well jsut got home and picked up the game on my way. decided not to go to my usual tuesday night wings/beer thing, just did not feal like it. Buff I will be on looking for a game if you are up for it.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I'm on mission 2 or 3 of the 2nd "act" of the campaign and I like it better than GRAW so far. The missions seem more intelligent. The weapons damage seems higher (more 1 shot kills, fewer of those instances where they look like they died, then slowly get back up and kill you) too.

Not having tried coop yet, I can't say much about it. I'm sure there aren't enough maps now, but if the tools are out we'll hopefully get more soon.

This looks like it's the game GRAW 1 should have been on release.
The Jedi Master
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

bad ai can definitely effect enjoyment.

a lot of that has to do with mission design and creation though.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

GoGamer has it for $34.90....hmmmmm, that's only $5 more than $29.90...hmmmm...

Let's flip a coin shall we? Heads I buy it, tails I don't ...

*Flips coin* (Seriously)

HEADS!

Well, that answers that. If this turns out to be a flop, I suppose I can always resell it, it's still pretty new. I'll order it tonight. *laughs*

ArmA is still number one though. :P

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hey Buff, had the same issue you did, dam thing would not let me even connect to my own server, even with removing the mod. Now I did get it to work after changing the online game type. It says online game in the list but then if you go down you see online coop game or something like that. that worked fine for me, and I could get the 4 person games going. but the larger game styles which fall under online game well ya could not connect to the server either. I did try it ut on public servers tho and had a bit of fun. Even stock weapons are better.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok doen some digging buff, found this thread on the same basic issue

http://www.ghostrecon.net/forums/index. ... 5997&st=45

they say only coop games 1 2 and 7 work. I think I tested last night with 1. in the co op online games thing.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote:Panzer I wont be here from Thurs noon till late sunday, heading out to Denver to most likely see my 97 year old grandmother for the last time, its her time, but it also really sucks....anyway I wont be here this weekend
I'm sorry to hear that Buff. I hope you truly have a special time with your grandmother.