World in Conflict Screenshots

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

World in Conflict Screenshots

Post by Softball »

Here are some screenshots I have taken since getting the game last week. Except for the training mission screenshots, most of them are from MP sessions with Gator.

World in Conflict Screenshots 09/24/07

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

how do you feel it compares to combat mission: shock force?
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'd say CMSF is more "realistic". This is like a combination of Command and Conquer 3 + BF2. Gator and I were discussing this over the weekend. Check out the DVD 10 day trial I gave you and see for yourself. As you can see from the screenshots, it's eye candy galore and hella fun to play. Best graphics I have ever seen in an RTS.

It's really one of the best combined arms RTS games I have ever played. I think it would be a hoot with 3 or 4 of us playing a certain role and working together to accomplish the task at hand.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

you are going to make me get this game an't you
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'm not "making" you buy it, I'm making you "want" to buy it.

It's worth every penny so far. :)

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It sucks that the MP is only human vs. human. Those screenshots look great though Softball.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

MP is NOT human vs human only. There are BOTS BOTS BOTS. Any position that is not filled by humans can be filled with BOTS. I don't know where you are reading or seeing that it's human vs human only, but it's not.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:MP is NOT human vs human only. There are BOTS BOTS BOTS. Any position that is not filled by humans can be filled with BOTS. I don't know where you are reading or seeing that it's human vs human only, but it's not.
Oh, some people on SimHQ mentioned that MP was only human vs. human. I was misinformed then. Doh!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Gator

Post by Gator »

we played SB+Gator vs 2xAI. I'm pretty sure you can play 16 players in any combination of humans and AI. You can have them fill out your own team or play against them. It's very nice.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i just need some time to devote to the trial. i do not want to waste any of those trial days.

do you guys know if i can install on two pc's with the same key?
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Do not know about the CD key and two PC's Steel. I would imagine it checks some kind of database and activates that key for one use only.

One mission Gator and I played, the AI would only build transport helos and no attack helos. I had to change the AI setting to "agressive" for them to do anything pro-active.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, it would not be both at the same time. i can install at home and my laptop for maximum trial useage - i could take some lunch breaks to test... :)
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, install it first where you think you would play the most. Then try the other and see what happens.

Falker

Post by Falker »

I picked this one up the other day , It reminds me allot of Red Dawn. I’m sure that’s been said.. Not a bad game. After playing it for a few hours I’m on my fourth mission and it’s getting more complicated. I don’t even think I’ve seen the half of it. I’m sure taking in the whole seen will test my skills , as I call in some artillery or prep for another air drop , whilst trying to battle it out with the ruskie's and save the presidents daughter at the same time. This is getting evolving , which is not bad .., because it’s a more challenging game then CNC Generals that was easily beat. I’ll haft to read Enders Game again to see how he did it.

Cons:
Realism: On the battle field yes. As far as it being realistic , nah.

Pros:
An amusing game that will simulate your mind.

Overview:
Another game I haven’t beat yet. . I’ll own it in a few weeks or so when I get some time on my hands. I’ll come by and see if you guys are there for some MP. I’m still a rookie but I’ll check game times post in a few days or so to see what’s the dillio,
We're in the pipe , five by five.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Try playing a skirmish against the computer (MP LAN MODE), that will help you polish your MP skills. You can set the AI to whatever difficulty you are comfortable with. Gator and I mostly play the "Domination" and "Tug O War" maps. The "Assault" maps are almost too simple and kind of boring. The X-mas map is my favorite.

I can't wait to play this with 4+ human players, working as a team.