Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I dont know if this is a game you guys would like to play some day but I just ordered my copy from Go Gamer today. What sold me on this game is the inclusion of a German campaign. I've heard that the multiplayer is rock solid and lots of fun.

http://www.gogamer.com/viewproduct.htm? ... ryId=65224
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

Gator have been praising and playing CoH for months and "finally" someone shows an interest. *shrug*

I thought this was an expansion for CoH? Is this a standalone? And if so, how does it hook up with the original CoH I wonder?

I'll eventually get this expansion, but I am having way too much fun with WIC right now. Halo 3 comes out today, so I'll be busy for the next month or so. Heh.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:Gator have been praising and playing CoH for months and "finally" someone shows an interest. *shrug*

I thought this was an expansion for CoH? Is this a standalone? And if so, how does it hook up with the original CoH I wonder?
This is a stand-alone game. I'm sorry about not showing interest in COH earlier but I was tied up with some other games at the time. :-(
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

*nods* It's all good. I should have put a :P at the end of my sentence, I was just razzin you.

I wonder if it is going to attach to the first game then? If not, then I hope everything that was in the first game (units, maps) is in this new one.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I've heard it's a standalone/expansion. So I think it may work both ways. However, I don't know what that means for MP. If someone has a merged install can they play with someone with just the standalone addon?
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

kinda like IL2 Forgotten Battles...???
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

I believe it's like Dawn of War. If you have the original, you get those "races" in MP. It is indeed a standalone expansion.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Post by Softball »

Yea, I read a review for Opposing Fronts, and it's exactly like DoW. If you only have the expansion, you can only play as the British and German units. So I'll probably pick it up at some point. The reviews from other players have been mixed on COH:OF. I loved the original, so the expansion should be good as well.

Gator, I saw this info on the Gamestop web site, might be of interest to you:

Vista Users Notice: If you have the original Company of Heroes game installed on your Windows Vista machine, please uninstall it before installing Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts.
You do not have to uninstall your saved games. To access the Company of Heroes single player campaign, please have your Company of Heroes Product Key ready.

Gator

Post by Gator »

interesting note.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver