Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare SP Demo

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare SP Demo

Post by Softball »

There is a SP Demo available for CoD4, you have to be a member of Gamespot to DL it. I "believe" it's free to become a basic member, but I'm not sure if that will let you DL it. I have a Gamespot account that you guys can use to DL the demo. Just let me know and I'll get you the account info.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/callo ... 80837.html

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

At work I'm going to download it here then install it when I get home.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I preordered it last month and thanx for reminding me I am going to put 30 bucks on it.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

wow this game was awesome. I was like WOW!!!!

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Well I've ran this single player version atleast a hundred times and I must say if you don't use team work and cover you are screwed big time. Movements and tactics looks the same as I've seen and read about as modern day practice for Iraq (I do not know if they use the same tactics and style of teamwork for Afghanistan). Can't wait to see the multiplayer side.

This is a definate buy guys. Unbelievable the tracers and RPG smoke trails the grenades going off, the suicide bombers rushing you, and enemy combatants coming at you from all angles.

DA
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

well never got into this game but this is now modern combat. so we will see
Softball

Post by Softball »

Played the demo tonight, damned nice looking. It's a "bit" arcadey, but the action is intense. I'll likely be picking this one up when it releases. A very well done demo, worth the DL. I'm curious how the MP will play out, and what it will entail.

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Your right is is arcadey, just a tad bit but it really dosen't look any different than Ghost Recon or Rainbow Six in terms of playable area's within the battlezone.

DA
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Softball

Post by Softball »

Just wanted to add a few comments. I have all the graphics settings maxed in the demo, and running at 1920x1200 resolution, 4xFSAA. When the demo first started, I swear it was a 3D rendered cut scene. Then I moved the mouse and OMG it was the game graphics. Looked VERY VERY nice, I was impressed.

I haven't made it past the mission where you have to defend the tank, it keeps getting over run or I keep dying. The AI is not too bad from what I can tell. Looks like CoD4 will be as fun as BF2.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll definitely try out the demo tonight. Damn Softball, I wish I could play games at that high resolution. I'll make sure to get a high res capable flat screen monitor next time.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I wish I could play games with graphics settings higher then "It can't go any lower Caption" PDT_Armataz_01_12
Softball

Post by Softball »

I have been running at that resolution for over a year now on my system, and with my 8800GTX, I can run that resolution in almost all games with no frame rate drop. I love HD resolution in games, and 1920x1200 is equivalent to 1080i HD. The 8800GTX makes my PC feel like a brand spanking new computer, it's so fast.

Oh and BTW, I got my 7900GTX repaired/replaced. I returned my 7900GTX to XFX for servicing and they found that the memory modules were faulty. They sent me an 8800GTS as a replacement. Not a bad trade if you ask me. I am going to put the 8800GTS in my wife's computer and sell her 8600GTS.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Damn Softball, some guys have all the luck! How much video memory does your 8800 gtx have? I have 640mb on my 8800 gts.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

On my 8800GTX there is 768MB RAM.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The part with the tank is pretty much the end of the demo. It lasts maybe a couple minutes past that.
It's good enough that I'll get it, but I'm going to wait for a sale or whatever. No MP interest so no rush.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no MP interest???
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, I'm certainly not buying it for the SP aspect. Heh.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Tried the demo tonight and wasn't impressed except for the pretty graphics. I think I may skip this one or I'll wait until it's real cheap before I buy it.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

How much for the 8600GTS, by the way what are the specs on it? My resolution max out at 1440x900 or 990. I am looking up the specs on the Multiplayer now, you would think they would max it out for ya.

DA