Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare SP Demo

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Post by Softball »

DA, what card do you have now? I don't remember what you have these days.

Check your PMs.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

The 7600GT.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Post by Softball »

Ah ok, the 8600GTS is definitely a better card. It's almost equivalent to my previous 7900GTX as far as speed goes, but with less on-board memory. I did some research before I bought the 8600GTS for my wife, I wanted to get a decent and affordable card.

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I have to check to see if my current video card is PCI-E, but if so I will more than likely buy it. I don't have to worry about my power supply, I have a Antec 600w double fan beauty in my computer now.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Yup its PCI-E x16 256 MB DDR3 and my Power Supply is only 500w, thought I got the 600w guy. That should still work with the 8600.

DA
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I never play on public servers for any game. Not anymore.

I play coop against bots only, I don't care for adversarial much.

This game doesn't have that.
The Jedi Master
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

ah - no bots then forget it...
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Hmmm..... Well, now I may HAVE to consider the SP aspect. I enjoy the CoD series.

On a side note, I read today that Hellgate London is going to have some sort spyware installed on user's PCs, similar to that of BF2142. I may have to reconsider and get a refund. *sigh*
---------------------------------------
3. Consent to Use of Data. You agree that EA, its affiliates, and each Related Party may collect, use, store and transmit technical and related information that identifies your computer, including without limitation your Internet Protocol address, operating system, application software and peripheral hardware, that may be gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, dynamically served content, product support and other services to you, including online play. EA and/or the Related Parties may also use this information in the aggregate and, in a form which does not personally identify you, to improve our products and services and we may share that aggregate data with our third party service providers.

-------------------------------------

Gator

Post by Gator »

oh, and softball, that resolution is like 1080p, not 1080i
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Falker

Post by Falker »

I thought this was a fun demo to play. Better than ETQW anyway.
We're in the pipe , five by five.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I picked up COD4 today, had it reserved and still had to wait for payday to get it. Will install tonight and let you guys know what its about.

DA
Softball

Post by Softball »

I got my copy on Tuesday, I haven't installed it yet. I'll get it installed over the weekend.

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I think you want to install it ASAP! AC-130 is in the AREA causing mad havok!!!!!

DA
Softball

Post by Softball »

Are you talking about this mission? Daaaaamn!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgMc0Xv7mD8

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

YUP THAT ONE!!!!!

DEATH FROM ABOVE BABY!!!!

DA
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'm installing it as I type this. :)

EDIT: WOW. CoD4 is un-freaking-believable. This is definately the best in the CoD series. This game looks absoultely stunning and the storyline is engrossing. The first mission alone is outstanding; you fast rope from a helo onto a cargo ship and then you work your way through the ship looking for some documents. You really feel like you are watching a movie and you are the star. Im am about 3 or 4 missions into the campaign, and the next mission is the demo mission. I REALLY wish they would have implimented MP COOP for the campaign, it really would have made this one shine even more. I haven't played any MP yet, I want to finish the campaign first.

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

What I loved about the first mission is the movement of the ship, it seriously hampered my aim. The first time I took aim at a guy and then pull the trigger I was hitting the wall wide right. In the time it took me to put iron sights then pull the trigger on him all in a matter of seconds the ship listed to starboard and I was hitting the container behind him, thats when I really noticed the motion and I felt like I was rolling with the my character and getting a little sea sick watching the screen trying to constantly adjust.

I finished the campaign and I am replaying. I think some of my decisions no matter how trivial it could have been a paticular moment in the game caused certain events non were obvious but I think certain endings to certain acts would be favorably different especially the end game to the campain, also there is an epilouge mission called the mile high club, now that is awesome and your on a timer.

Some of the trailer scenes I did not witness in game but the nuke detonation was definately there but I think that I can change that outcome if I respond alot quicker to certain situations.
Without spoiling the game anymore I will let it sit here and continue on and see what happens even though the game is heavily script driven and your restricted to a field of play almost I still think small decisions change the outcome of the campaign in a whole even though you accomplished the current mission.

DA
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

My issue here is that I am not a single player mission kind of guy on the pc. I am actually doing single player on the wii, which even surprises the hell out of me. But Generally with desk top I can't play, I get bored after the first mission and move to multi player. Now if people start playing this game online then I may pick it up but just for single player its not worth it to me.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i also do not like single player very much. the problem i have with this game is the very strictly controlled, linear gameplay. so much so that your freindly AI will just 'hover' in the same place in an unrealistic fashion if you try to go a way you are not supposed to.

yes, it is like being in a movie. but that is about it.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:i also do not like single player very much. the problem i have with this game is the very strictly controlled, linear gameplay. so much so that your freindly AI will just 'hover' in the same place in an unrealistic fashion if you try to go a way you are not supposed to.

yes, it is like being in a movie. but that is about it.
That pretty much sums up my feelings on the game as well. I played the demo twice in the hopes that my opinion would change but it did not. And since I have no interest at all in multiplayer with this game I guess I wont be buying it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen