Universe at War: Earth Assault Beta test

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Universe at War: Earth Assault Beta test

Post by Softball »

I have been selected to participate in the beta test for Universe at War. Woo hoo!!

------------------------------------------
Congratulations! You've been selected to beta test Universe at War: Earth Assault!

We're excited to announce that Universe at War: Earth Assault has reached the beta-testing stage, and now we need your assistance to make it the best real-time strategy game ever. We're looking for your feedback during the beta test on faction balance and overall gameplay. We would also like to receive reports of any bugs you encounter while playing.

Read on to learn how to participate, and thanks in advance for your support in helping us put the finishing touches on the game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, maybe. it does have some interesting points - like xbox360 and pc multiplayer compatability - real cross platform. but in the end, it is still an rts... not a bad thing for those that like them, i just like more 'realism' or tactical depth.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I can't even recall which game this is. Pretty generic name that does nothing for the memory! :)
The Jedi Master
Softball

Post by Softball »

Universe at War: Earth Assault
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/universeatwar/fullsite/

Another RTS style game, looks like a combination of Supreme Commander and C&C3.

Check out the web site, it has some info on it. I don't like the Flash design of the site, it's just too much.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Flash = flashy, which it shouldn't.

Yeah, I think I remember this now. Something about being able to change your units mid-battle to counter the enemy's tactics?
The Jedi Master
Gator

Post by Gator »

this is the "sequel" to the last star wars rts ... empire at war. Same dev, no SW license.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Ah, got it.
The Jedi Master
Softball

Post by Softball »

I played this a bit last night. I'd say it still needs some work. Didn't seem as "polished" as today's modern RTSs are. I played a 1v1 match against a guy who obviously had more experience playing the game. Lol. I had no idea what I was doing and the interface had no tooltips or help menu. It was really hunt and peck and see what does what.

The units for one race are HUGE, they are these big crab looking things that spawn various units. There are upgradable hard-points on the walkers, anything from weapon upgrades, armor upgrades, and unit upgrades.

The gameplay was very slow paced, slower than Supreme Commander. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. The map seemed small for the size of the units that I had. I have a 24" WS monitor and one of the walker units took up 1/3 of the screen.

I'll have to wait and see how this pans out before I decide to buy the full version.

Gator

Post by Gator »

Softball wrote: The map seemed small for the size of the units that I had. I have a 24" WS monitor and one of the walker units took up 1/3 of the screen.
That's like Empire at War - some of the space battles had ships that took up the whole screen ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver