Ghost Recon Revival

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Ghost Recon Revival

Post by VEGETA »

Not GRAW/GRAW2,, I mean the original Ghost recon. Would anyone be interesting it doing some of the original game. Buff I remember you said you even had the 151 mods still, I can host those up even so everyone can get them if we want to try running those.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I would be interested I think. Assuming I still have the game somewhere. It just occurred to me that I may have sold it off. But I'll check.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm interested. Here are some screenshots I took from a SimHQ coop session:

I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i don't have it so count me out.
Helmut
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

It's fun playing the oldies again.
The Jedi Master
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hondo is itching to play so he is in and I just re installed. Tach also may re install so hey may be fun. I am testing out making a backup copy that could make it into your hands steel PDT_Armataz_01_12
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i am sure i no longer have it, so you guys will probably have to count me out.
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I am sure we can get you a copy steel PDT_Armataz_01_12
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

bummer Steel, you were one of our best players in that game. I'm looking forward to playing myself. Got to rummage and find my CDs I'll install ASAP. :-)
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok I have the gold pack meaning original game and the 2 expansions, all have been installed as of last night. This is already patched to 1.4 level so do not worry about patching if you have gold pack and install the 2 cd's. If you do not have gold pack, make sure to get patched to 1.4 level. If you have the 2 expansions that will bring you to 1.3 level then all you need to do is get the 5.7 mb 1.4 pack. If you do not have the expansions find the 1.3 pack, install that then install the 1.4 pack.

As for the 151st mods, since we don't have them ready for distributing or even which ones we need to install done yet, we will leave them out for now of we play in the next week or so.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I think we should just play the stock game. Why bother with all these mods?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Jedi Master wrote:It's fun playing the oldies again.
How about sweating to the Oldies? Richard Simmons just LOVES that.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I think Steel is trying to tell us something. Lol.

I have not found my CDs yet, I'm sure they are archived somewhere in my mess of old games. (They are stored in boxes at the moment).

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

the 151ist mods added MANY gun packs and missions to the game which really improved the game I think above stock so its something I would love to have going again.
Gator

Post by Gator »

WOF had a similar mod that added all the guns and unis from the popular mod packs (I forget the name of them ... I think the unis were from Sabre Team and the guns were from the really popular gun mod maker). We also had several addon missions as well that were thoroughly tested. Not sure where that is, although I'm sure someone around here is enough of a pack rat to still have it.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Let's start stock and add the 151 mod as soon veg can produce a link to the d/l in this thread. :-)
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I'm more interested in extra maps/missions than guns. The game has plenty enough as it is, really. It's the maps that I know backwards and forwards!

Over at SimHQ, the Frostbite mod is listed as a big one. I'm going to be getting it myself for playing with them.

If anyone is interested in this one, Frostbite, 1.2 version is here;
http://www.fileplanet.com/124635/downlo ... tbite-v1.2
237MB
Followed by the Frostbite 1.3 patch.
http://files.3dretreat.com/file.asp?fileid=570
1.55MB

Apparently you install 1.2, run the game with its shortcut and THEN apply 1.3. Whatever.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I concur with Jedi that GR already has plenty of weapons. Getting additional maps though would really be worth it.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

151 mods where done by the euepean guys in out group years ago. And ther eis missions as well as weapons involved in the thing.
Gator

Post by Gator »

i remember frostbite ... that was a mod we used.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver