Ghost Recon Revival

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ya don't think you guys where around with us then but we dealt with a guy Lancer who even Steel likelay remembers. Found out he even did a mod for gRAW 1
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

The mods we used are:

151 mod version something
Frostbite (last version)
Navy Seals mod
7.62 Mod

and stock GR guns are horrible and the reticles suck.

installing mods in GR was easy...all you had to do is have them in the proper order which when I find my cds I'll post.

I have all that stuff and the remains of the unit mod I was going to do for just our crew way back when that never got completed on my old PC....if nothing else I'll just burn the mod directory and figure out how to upload it or burn the cds and send them to yall.

IIRC I have some good mods mission wise and some of the team tourny stuff somewhere.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

Messed around with GR some today. Specifically, I bumped up the graphics to maximum on everything and increased the resolution, which made it look more like the screenies posted in this thread and less like the big mess of pixels I was looking at last night. MUCH easier for me to see the bad guys.

When Veg was talking about how good the game looked I was thinking he needed new glasses, because it looked like <Bleep> to me. Anyway, I'm playing Battletech tonight, so whee!

PDT_Armataz_01_41

TD
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I was about to say count me in for battletech but you goint to a friends house for that not megamek so o well lol. Butt if you are on Hondo and I are up for more Recon. Find the cd's man I will host them up if needed no issues.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Good news, I found my CDs and got GR installed. I looked through my DLs for GR and I found a couple of useful things. I have a NO CD EXE for version 1.4, and I found 3 map packs for GR that were originally in the game SUM OF ALL FEARS. I zipped the NO CD EXE and the SOAF maps for everyone to DL. You can DL the files here:

GR FILES

I will leave the map pack file up for a week or so, then I will be removing it from my server. I'm not sure how the maps are designed or setup, but I remember doing Terrorist Hunt on them. At least it's more maps. :D They will need to be tested.

If you use the NO CD EXE, be sure to make a backup copy of your original EXE file, or just rename it to GhostRecon_OLD or something similar.

I'm not too concerned with graphics quality, I know what to expect from a 5+ year old game. As long as it runs smooth and we can all play together, I'm all for it.

Heck, with the NO CD EXE, I may get Debi to play. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Hondo uploaded over 1 gig of mods to my site, do not think we will use everything but the beauty of this game is we can install them all and pick and chose through the server what we want to use. Buff, again could use your help in sorting through everything. and softball I have the no cd item form hondo but the SOAF I am not aware of. I will look into adding it into the stock install. Again thats the good thing, all people have to do is have the dam things installed, the server is what relay counts, it says we use mod x y and z only.

so far we have had
Myelf
hondo
Tach
Jedi
Panzer
and Nemis playing the game

Softball, Grifter, Gator and Buff in various stages of interest and install of this.

Now as for Steel, he may want to play but don't have a copy, anyone have a spare copy or know where t get hold of one or even know how to make a copy of the disks so we can get Steel a copy. Especially after last night 3 of us, Hondo, Nemius and myself working together supporting each other was GREAt team play. communication was there and everything gives you a idea that this is the game we want for now to play as a team as run and gun sucks here.

also Softball in all honesty you can max the graphics and run pea supe maps that laged us all years ago beyond all, but now are no issue. and the Graphics now in all honesty look as good as arma dose to me on my laptop but arma settigns have to be turned way down for me. tho GRAW2 looks a hell of a lot better in low settings over arma any day, there is just not many missions for GRAW2 hence why people got board fast.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

IIRC the mod order is

DS
IT
151 bootcamp
151 Alpha
151 Bravo
151 recon (not sure what version)

Priority is from bottom to top

I also have v4.2 of 151 recon (its over a gig) and the 151 winter stuff for frostfire

last night I installed the lot but was having problems with the available maps...only had a few listed and I could not get the 762 mod to show in the server (unless its listed as cold war....didnt look)

We might need to get Lancer over here to take a look at the order of how the mods should stack...its been a while and I cant quite remember the order

anyway I might be on tonight and Sat I am hunting all day
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

well buff get on and we can take a look, and you have missed some good games, tho all we have done is eliminations for warmeups, but we will get in soem missions this week/weekend now. all those are also on my ftp at the moment thanks to hondo so now we have order just need to make sure on versions and such. but think its looking good.

and hey my server can handle upto 300 gigs so you can upload it one night is we want to screw with it :D

also found Lancers fourms, www.151recon.org, took me a while to hunt them down. Made a account and posted but the place seams like its been dead for a few months. hops someone is alive lol as lots of old timers still there.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Veg,
it would be great if we can get the selected mods to the RLGaming server. keep things consistent in the community we (I?) are trying to build here. if you have a direct ftp i can copy them over once you guys select them...

300 gigs is just space. do you have a abndwidth limit? do you pay for it. i don't on either account, so it might save you some dough as well...

try getting to Lancer via Moose... i will see if I still have his e-mail addy around. You could also PM Lancer through these forums...
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I have a limit but its enough of a limit but its freaking high, so its not much I

^^ Um ok I had some more after this point but its gone and even whats above was edited all to hell and an't re writing it.

basically saying limit no big deal but no issues having it here as well once we get the exacts of what we want listed out.
Last edited by VEGETA on 25 Jan 2008, 11:47, edited 2 times in total.
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

I have no idea how to even begin to respond to that.....that....Vegspeak
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote:I have no idea how to even begin to respond to that.....that....Vegspeak
LOL! It could be worse. He could be a Newfie and then we would never understand him.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
LOL! It could be worse. He could be a Newfie and then we would never understand him.
Um I am a Newfie

And edited post, no idea what happened but that post was a lot bigger, most of it is missing and even what was there was edited to so no clue what happened.
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

VEGETA wrote:And edited post, no idea what happened but that post was a lot bigger, most of it is missing and even what was there was edited to so no clue what happened.
The missing portion:

"It is unnesseray to suppoly subital aspectics. Astornotes are suspesius enough as it is, and lieklay to sucrure cumfterabler stellite stough. It has acutlaya been confuremed that pyhci custimataion is norammly aowed on acocunt of the teniouse undisyans between paradies and scarscasum."

English translation:

Turning lights off for most species is concealed from us. Unknown zippers are good for the environment because they can't stand on the same plant when they are opened. How good we are, and how nice with females usually on the higher branches within the same universe!

Is there a light? Any previous destination will be down at the corner grocery. There is some doubt as to whether the good people are all out towards the top of the plant gnawing on chili dogs because that's what all the universe harbors, with places that may be very similar, or slobs who put up larch trees unlikely to be blown vertically upward. This distribution is the same throughout.

There is the chance of cross-fertilization blowing slowly upward in the wind from our universal time-line when there are no other conifers flying around next to the light switch. This leaves the present and only the present to remind them the past and the future grow clustered because they can't stand large numbers together, while female cones are more often open to interpretation. The past is produced singly or in small slobs, reunited in spirit with the previous destination. In some fantastical events, the past is what once was, and the future is thought to improve chances of cross-fertilization. The future enters the labyrinth and mourns over the light that everyone in your family forgets to turn off.

TD
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:Um I am a Newfie

Oh, lol! For some reason I thought you were from Ontario.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

LOL oh lord Tach is off his meds again =)
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Buffalo Six wrote:LOL oh lord Tach is off his meds again =)
Now that I think about it, Tach's voice does sound like he's on some kind of medication. PDT_Armataz_01_12
Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

I'm just high on life. :cheers:

TD
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

PanzerMeyer wrote: Oh, lol! For some reason I thought you were from Ontario.
I lived in Ontario from 1996 tell 2006 but I grew up in Newfoundland and yes I drank the screach.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Ok Sticky posted with the current standard install, recomend you go get everything and install. But for those without expansions I don't think you can use the mods.