Ghost Recon Revival

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

my copy of GR gold came today... just not sure i am that motivated to play it. it was o.k. the other night, but there is a lot lacking compared to other games out now. it does still seem to have the best mp of all recent games...
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote: it does still seem to have the best mp of all recent games...
Agreed. I've been playing quite a bit of GR with Veg and also the SimHQ guys and I've been surprised how much fun I've been having. Obviously the game looks graphically dated now but it still looks great for a 7 year old game!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

The only reason I am playing GR again is not for the graphics. It's because this is a game that we can all play together and enjoy, and it works well in MP.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy ArmA and GRAW 2, but not everyone enjoys playing them, and not everyone has GRAW 2. I notice people get frustrated when we play ArmA, and I'm assuming that turns them away from playing it. Maybe we could make some smaller scale missions like in GR, for ArmA? It wouldn't be very difficult IMO, just some time and effort from the mission makers (Gator, Steel, and myself).

In the meantime, I'll play GR with the rest of the gang, and besides, it makes Veg as giddy as a kid on Christmas morning. You can hear the excitement in his voice when we play. Heh.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

and hondo as well lol

I enjoy GRAW2 and ArmA but they just don't have near the multilayer abilities and mods that GR has. Trust me graphically I will take GRAW2 and am more then willing to play. Do note Buff and Hondo both ave ArmA so if we can find more missions for ArmA and also the fact I got it working again I am more then willing to play it.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

More ArmA would be good too!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

On the flipside, too many mods can really suck too. With GRAW2, we have the mission or we don't, simple. With ArmA, maps are on the server and we don't use any mods.
Now ArmA does have some serious issues with AI being god-like, and you can alter those server.cfg files to allay that somewhat, but I think the 1.09 patch should help even more. Playing the beta on SimHQ I noticed we don't seem to die out of the blue QUITE as often. :)
The Jedi Master
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I'll have a work with Lancer and see what he can remember re: the 151 mod orders etc - bear in mind it's been some time since we've played GR though, so he may have forgotten some of the details.
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

what are the MP differences between GRAW 2 and OGR?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:what are the MP differences between GRAW 2 and OGR?
Nothing major that I can see EXCEPT that you cant join a mission in progress in the original Ghost Recon.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

Mooseman there where several orders actually depending on what mod set but check the sticky about order as there is a list of the more recent release of mods and the order we got them working in. Now we can swap out navey seals for the 762 mod and there is older versions of the 151recon mod as well but we went with the latest one we had.