Ghost Recon Standard Install

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Ghost Recon Standard Install

Post by VEGETA »

Ok this is the post that is to be considered the standard install

Remember with this game you can load more mods and they can easily be removed from server or added in the mods section of the options menu. We have some other mods we may want to try and add to the standard install but this will be the source of everything.

Patch Level:

First off lets get patching up info on the go.

Gold Edition:
Install the 2 cd's which include the original game, Island Thunder and Desert Siege. Doing this gets you to patch level 1.4. You are now ready for mods

Standard edition with expansions separate"
Ok install the original game and the 2 expansions. This will bring you to patch level 1.3. Patch 1.4 is on the ftp listed so go grab it fast and install, its small

Standard Edition No expansions
If you do not have the expansions you need to install patch 1.3 then patch 1.4. The issue with not having the expansions is that I am not sure if the mods will work, to be tested at a later point. But again as long as you are 1.4 we can get some gaming in.

Mods: Mandatory IF w play with mods

Ok this is the standard mods list that Lancer created for the 151st guys and us old timer ELH guys where using. ITs packed with weapons and missions but the order dose matter in the mods list.

Order is as (top to bottom):

Deseart Siege
Island Thunder
151 bootcamp (This is a RAR file extract to the Ghost Recon Mods Folder)
151 Bravo (This is a RAR file extract to the Ghost Recon Mods Folder)
151 recon (version 4.2, this is a exe file, make sure it points to your Ghost Recon directory)
762 (This is a RAR file extract to the Ghost Recon Mods Folder)

Note: 151 Alpha would normally go above 151 Brovo but after testing today 151 aplha was crashing the servers so had been removed. Not sure if its Hondos copy is bad, but this may get re added, but it is small download, all larger ones are working.

Now as for where to get these mods, they are currently on my ftp but will be moved to Steels server at a later date.

ftp://ftp.overdunne.ca/incoming/

Mods: Not required

I have also included some nice mods that are not required to play but are helpful. First is the no cd mod, WOOO always a nice thing. Second is the SuperGrids mod which puts grid over the map which helps us figure out where people are and such by grid coordinates. These are not required but nice to have toys.

Mods: future

Ok lancer also made up a 151 winder Ops mod that required the frostbite mod. I can't remember if we ever really got to play it even but its a possibility in the future. But thats after some testing.
Last edited by VEGETA on 26 Jan 2008, 14:53, edited 1 time in total.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I do not see a file named 151 recon at that link. Is it named something else?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

um its still uploading to server lol

Also the cd crack i had was flawed. Can you send me your copy there Softball ???
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

you can not have required mods if everyone can not use them. the point is that EVERYONE has and is able to use the same stuff...
Helmut
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

right now only person who dose not have DS and IT is Nemious and thats because he can't find the cd's. IF he can't find them and he is here to game all we have to do is have the server remove mods form mods list, 10 seconds work and we are golden.