Age of Conan (Shameless plug)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Age of Conan (Shameless plug)

Post by Softball »

Well folks, it looks like Age of Conan is among us. Age of Conan is one of the next big MMORPGs to hit the market, and from my experience is going to blow WoW and GW out of the water.

Some of you may or may not know, I have been playing the Age of Conan Closed Beta for a few weeks now. I am going to be playing Age of Conan as of 5/17/08 (Early release candidate), and sadly you will be seeing even less of me around here. I am going to be playing Age of Conan with my past Shadowbane friends, and we have a good 25+ right now in the guild.

I am one of the recruiting officers for the guild, so I would not be doing my job if I didn't invite my friends here at Wings of Fury/RLG. So, if anyone here has an interest in playing Age of Conan, and have a mild interest in a little RP (Role Playing) and PvP, I cordially invite you and would love for you to join our guild. The name of the guild is called "The Eternal Guard". You can check out the guild web site and forums at http://www.eternalguard.net. There are a few requirements and restrictions on what you need to do to join the guild, all of the info is listed on the EG web site. Let me know if you are interested will put in a good word for you. My name is "Lomak" on the forums over there. (Cool name, eh? )

I'll be around here on the forums, but my game time will be limited (Like it wasn't already) with AoC getting most of my time. As soon as the NDA on the Closed Beta is lifted, I will post the screenshots and video I have taken over the last 3 weeks. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
Last edited by Softball on 28 May 2008, 14:50, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

There hasn't been an MMO yet that's made me want to pay.

I tried only one, WWIIOL, and that was purely because it was a WWII version of what OFP would be when released a few months later!

I also never even tried SW Galaxies because I don't want an MMO that's modded to be Star Wars. I want a game like KOTOR that's designed to be played by a few people at a time, none of this massive group stuff.
I want a newer version of the X Wing/TIE games.
I want a newer Jedi Knight game.

Sadly, NONE of these are being made because Lucasarts is just crap now, run by morons.
The Jedi Master
Softball

Post by Softball »

To each their own.

Personally, I am LOVING Age of Conan. It's by far the best MMO I have played in the last 6 years.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Do you get to fight James Earl Jones in this game?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, JEJ played a Stygian in the Conan movie, and there are Stygians in the game, so technically yes. Just use your imagination and it can be JEJ that you are fighting against. Lol.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva »

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple
Softball

Post by Softball »

Did I mention that you can behead people in AoC? It's one of the many random fatalities (instant death) in the game. My favorite is the arrow through the head; I love my Aquilonian Bow Ranger.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Tach Deneva wrote:Thulsa Doom
Cool info. He was so good in the Conan movie. :-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen