Call of Duty: World at War

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Call of Duty: World at War

Post by Falker »

This sound s like it might be right up your alley , especially if you’ve read the books about the Pacific Campaign.

IGN Quote:
World at War will feature two campaigns. There's a Red Army campaign that happens near the end of the war, as well as a Pacific campaign that has you participating in the American island-hopping campaign against the Japanese. Pacific campaigns are fairly rare for the genre, partly because the technology to properly capture the lush jungle environments hadn't been there yet; it was far easier to simply make another bombed-out European village. Modern processors can do a jungle justice now, though. However, there's more to it than that, according to Lamia.

Getting Complicated:
The gameplay also promises to be brutal and savage; the Japanese were renowned jungle fighters, able to suddenly appear out of nowhere when you least expected them. That's modeled in the game, and camouflaged Japanese soldiers can and will materialize out of the jungle just yards away from you.

Multiplayer Campaign:
Perhaps the most impressive new feature in World at War is the four-player cooperative mode, which lets you and three other buddies go through the single-player campaign together. It's a first for the series, and it'll support split screen on a single display or four players online. Plus, the game will scale its difficulty based on how many players, and how good they are.

From IGN:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/883/883374p1.html
We're in the pipe , five by five.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

only 4 player co op mode come on
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'd like a Call of Duty game where you can play campaigns as Axis (German, Italian, Japanese).
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Falker

Post by Falker »

Just a few more days now and we’ll be able to buy it. I guess if they had a demo for it , it would have been out by now huh. Maybe I’m getting ahead of myself.. I probably wont have the high end computer to run this. I’ll haft to check the specs.

Main Web Page.
http://www.callofduty.com/hub
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

got a depotsit on it, i want a fps ww2 game lol. and i want the good gun early in mp. that and I will give gamestop credit, there adds for the m1 rifle early in mp are good
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

well I have this but only got to do a few min of it last night. I am on call and they called a lot. I got lucky as when I was flying it was all good but stooped flying and all hell broke loose.

But I did get a quick multi player in and to be hoenst it seams like a fun game so far. I was able to kill people IE it don't take a entire clip for someone to die. It looks great so so far happy
Falker

Post by Falker »

How’s that going anyway? I should have the game this week. What’s the Single player campaign like. Does it have good MP. Is it anything like , or as good as COD4.

Falker
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

I did not get cod4 so can't compare and I an't done single player. Only done some multi player and so far its fun. I am enjoying it. You shoot someone thye dise not the 2 clps of amo to kill idea I have seen in soem games which drives me nuts. Graphics are amazing and plays smooth
Falker

Post by Falker »

Ok , I think I copy what your saying. The Graphics are looking smooth eh. You have a better computer then me tho . Recently I got the Dead Space PC game and then realized that I had to readjust the clock settings on my Graphics card to play it. . This would be the first time I ever tweaked my computer to play a game. I suppose my graphics card is going to run hotter? (Like if you Tweak a CPU . It will run hotter. ) Or burn out… I’m not sure.

But I think I know why you guys want to run a cold computer. So that If “you do” tweak your computer , you’ll know the water cooling system , all of them case fans and the big ass heat sink will take off the excess heat. My graphics card settings is up half way on the adjustment scale now . I hope it won’t burn out or I’m screwed. : )

Ya , I know. I need to upgrade my computer. I’m going to open up a trade in the buying and selling forum here at RLG. I might get Buff or someone else to kick down some of them old PC scraps they’ve been hording. Because right now , at this time , all I can see doing is a new rebuild if I want to keep up. My comp has plan jane DDR memory right now with an old 1.8 GZ cpu chip. I’d need a new system all together. A new Motherboard that supports DDR 2 or 3 would be sweet.. Okay I’ll keep dreaming. Too bad you didn’t play COD4 to give me a comparison. That game was so much fun in SP. I killed all of them dogs. It took me awhile but I got em.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Bug Fix that the 1.1 patch wont.

Call of duty 5 Black screen fix solution
Last edited by Falker on 08 Dec 2008, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.
Falker

Post by Falker »

I tried this on XP and it wouldn’t work. “ Believe me , I tried every thing.â€
Last edited by Falker on 09 Dec 2008, 18:24, edited 4 times in total.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Who sings that song anyway. I hear it at the Gym now and then. They must have satellite radio. It’s kinda catchy.
Falker

Post by Falker »

I found this link. I'm gong to give it one last try on Vista.

- In your control panel under sound options turn “hardware accelerationâ€
Falker

Post by Falker »

bump
Last edited by Falker on 09 Dec 2008, 18:58, edited 3 times in total.
Falker

Post by Falker »

Man this song is stuck in my head now. Bang Bang Bang Bang ! … and take your money… She sounds sexy. Another good song from the Brits. I like the remix version of it. A few rapper artist in there. M.I.A. Paper Planes
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Jedi Master and I will be buying this tonight from Steam. It's on sale right now at 50% off but the sale ends after today. I think the price is $24.99.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen