Red Alert 3

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Red Alert 3

Post by VEGETA »

well it still has secure rom but dam it I love the red alert series. Now note 5 installs and EA has stated they are working on gettign it do you can remove a install form a box and reclaim that isntall for use on another machine so its not AS bad. So that's a step in a better direction so I will grab it.

Also note people have foudn they have 19 not 20 characters in there cd key and well um ya here is the article and there fun solutions

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20 ... snafu.html

one big thing noted on wiki as I quote "Red Alert 3 features a fully co-operative campaign mode where the player can team up with another player, or one of several AI characters such as Major Giles, a stiff upper lip British commander, to complete the campaign."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Command_%2 ... ed_Alert_3
Last edited by VEGETA on 04 Nov 2008, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
Softball

Post by Softball »

"Alternative guessing", what a great solution! Why not try that with the other 19 letters/numbers? *lol*

Veg, where did you read about the DRM install being removed from one box and adding it to a new install?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

the precedent of EA said it a few eeks back. It was in some news article, most likely in args. I would have to look. Its not confirmed, in writing form EA but precedent did state its coming. also the install limit is 5 not 3 on this one.
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

ok review, wel like all red alert series its almost goofie, ie the videos are hard to take seriousaly, ie a big brested girl showing lots of cleavage explaining the mission to you in the so serious tone. The acting is good, same sort of videos as last red alert. The game play is basiclay same as the last c&c title. Basiclly allies and russans are similer to the alst ed alert with a few new toys and a new faction, Japan kicking ass and its our friend Sulu who runs the empire lol. Game paly is fun and the co op idea, basiclay if n human to play with there is a ai co op player who you can boss around a bit, ie send troops here. You don't decide what the ai builds but you can order attacks and major movments. But you can do the single player with another player which is also a cool idea. Limited to 2 player co op which I understand. Then toss in the usual multiplayer, ie us against ai or player vs player.

Honestlay I am enjoying it. And the premium edition has a audio cd of red alert music which I must admit has been dam good. over the years. This includeds new versions of helmarch and another well known song in red alert
Softball

Post by Softball »

Until I see something official that you can install and uninstall without the "5 installs and it stops working" thing, I am not touching it. (unless I get it for free, lol).

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG