Far Cry 2 coop?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Far Cry 2 coop?

Post by Hammer »

does it have it? any good? anyone still playing it? i got a free copy today.
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Far Cry 2 does not have any Coop. I know a LOT of people on SimHQ didn't like Far Cry 2. The main complaints seemed to be 1. Repetitive and uninspired game play and 2. Constantly respawning enemies which forced you to clear out checkpoints over and over.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

It's good for blowing off some steam. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

within each encounter, the fights are fun. It's "open" and there are no forced paths. If you don't like lots of gunfights, it's not for you. The AI isn't stupid and you are usually 1 vs. 5 or more. I like it.

The enemies don't respawn in front of you. The specific issue is that once you clear a roadblock/guardshack/checkpoint, if you later return to it, it will be resupplied. Which is not un-realistic. I mean, if some warlord hears that some guy wiped out the checkpoint on main street, he's going to send replacements. IE: Places you've "cleared" don't stay cleared. Since the map is open, "cleared" is kinda meaningless.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

agreed actually. but too bad it does not have coop. :(
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

It "screams" for coop. You can drive these trucks/jeeps and in order to fire the mounted gun, you have to switch seats at which time the truck coasts to a halt.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver