COH Adversarial

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

COH Adversarial

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Holy cow I had a great time last night with our adversarial match but it also stressed the hell out of me. I really do think I have an issue with being overly competitive. LOL

I almost laughed out loud when Hondo kept wondering why his paratroops kept getting blasted by artillery.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

I think adversarial is great, and I believe you under estimate yourself way too much Panzer. You did a great job, stressed out or not. I know you have played the heck out of CoH, so you have a better understanding of how the German units work. I almost always play as the US side, but with me playing as the Germans, it was a big learning curve.

With us going up against 3 human players, I fully expected to lose the match. With our limited adversarial experience, we seemed to work very well together. I was totally expecting a surprise attack at some point, but it never happened. Maybe it was luck, or maybe we are "that" good? Either way, it was great fun IMO. I love the German artillery, it is very deadly with the "no warning" aspect.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Good post Softball.

I think it was Gator who built the crapload of Rangers? LOL
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Gator

Post by Gator »

i had a few and kept reinforcing them. They were very effective.

The allied side never really got a foothold. I attribute it to lack of comms. I think the only comms was "holy crap I think we're dead."

I enjoyed it. I don't like "every man for himself" or other 1 vs. 1, but coop is coop even if it's coop-adversarial.

Heck, I think if Panzer would take a valium, we might have stood a chance against the Panzer-Staark axis.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

The unknown factor to me was the AI German player. I was so busy dealing with my own stuff that I never paid attention to what he was doing/wasn't doing.

Who's Randy by the way? I dont think I know him.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Randy (Ghost) is a friend of mine from High School. We have know each other for over 25 years. He now lives in Texas with his wife and kids. After I finish school, our plan is to move to Texas, probably in the Austin area.

We have tried playing games online over the years, but his computer had network problems and we could never finish a game. He recently built a new gaming rig (Quad core) and all is well. He LOVES Company of Heroes btw, he can't believe how good it is.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Panzer,
i seem to recall that both you and Jedi (especially you) have never wanted to do adversarial. it is actually great if you can keep your competitive nature in check (not you in particular, just folks in general) and enjoy it. within a known group or within a known quantity that is.

hopefully you (and Jedi if I am correct in my memory) will be more open about it. it actually provides for more realistic game play, and ultimately more fun (my opinion).
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Hammer wrote: hopefully you (and Jedi if I am correct in my memory) will be more open about it. it actually provides for more realistic game play, and ultimately more fun (my opinion).
Yeah, I think I have the head to head bug now. I wouldn't mind doing some h2h in IL-2, Sins or COH!
Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six »

cool I have DF maps all set up for IL2 using similar plane sets etc....

I have learned soooo much just taking part in the hour or so long sessions with the 352nd in our game night warm ups that I think I'm a much better pilot now.
Gator

Post by Gator »

i think especially with games like Sins and COH, it's important to do adversarial since in Sins the games can get enormous with 6 of us on one team and in COH, it only supports 4 people on a team and there are sometimes 6 of us online. it's no fun being on the outside.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Gator wrote:i think especially with games like Sins and COH, it's important to do adversarial since in Sins the games can get enormous with 6 of us on one team and in COH, it only supports 4 people on a team and there are sometimes 6 of us online. it's no fun being on the outside.
Completely agree! Maybe we can do some Sins or COH tomorrow night?
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

il2 or falcon adversarial is also possible in missions. in ilk2 you can create the mission that way or dcg can do it as well.
Helmut
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I take it I will really love this game when I finally get my rig back up and running. While I'm at it I think I'm going to throw atleast another gig in there since my new board will support up to 4gigs now.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Softball

Post by Softball »

DA,

CoH is probably one of the best looking and most addictive RTS games I have ever played. This is probably one of the first RTS games that I can play over and over and not get sick of it. It's THAT fun to play.

I'm sure you would not be dissapointed if you got it.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Definitely get COH DA. You wont be disappointed.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

So this isn't a first person shooter. OK! Since I didn't pay for it (it was boxed with my video card) I guess I will give it a try.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

daofcmacg wrote:So this isn't a first person shooter. OK! Since I didn't pay for it (it was boxed with my video card) I guess I will give it a try.

DA
LOL DA. Are you usually this clueless? ;-)

It's a great and fun RTS. You'll like it.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Have fun patching, lol.