SC2 BIG change!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

SC2 BIG change!

Post by Hudson »

Aside from the apparently harder AI and seemingly weaker experimentals leading to getting our asses kicked now this:

New Features

+ The Infinite Build Queue

In the launch version of Supreme Commander 2, you immediately paid for units and structures when queued. With this patch, you pay for units when construction starts. While it may sound like a simple change, it changes the way you play the game and manage your economy. It allows you to pre-plan your bases and unit queues beyond what you can afford with your resources at any given time during a game.

With this change, you need to more carefully manage the build statuses of your Engineers and factories, and be prepared to use manual pausing and unpausing, because the least expensive units or buildings queued always get priority. You'll also want to pay more attention to your incoming Mass and Energy reserves so you don't have builders sitting around waiting for resources.

The patch also adds automatic management of Engineers and Factory queues that are waiting for resources to become available. If you queue beyond what you can currently afford, units will automatically wait and continue production when resources become available.
Softball

Re: SC2 BIG change!

Post by Softball »

Hammer, Ghost, and I played SC2 the other night and had our asses handed to us; it is definitely a tougher game after this last patch. I picked up the DLC ($9.99), so I'm hoping everyone gets it so we can try it out together.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i also have it, Hudson too.

we played a couple of nights ago, also got waxed.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'm beginning to think that "normal" AI is really "hard" and vice versa. Have not been able to win a game 2 vs 2 against Normal AI. I guess I just need to learn a better strategy. Once again, Hammer and I got PWNED in a 2 vs 2 game Wednesday night. It was ridiculously tough, but then again, we had Nukes turned on. The computer went nuts with Nukes, made it a bit tougher.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

and artillery, don't forget the artillery.
Helmut