Blacklight: Retribution, free game

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Blacklight: Retribution, free game

Post by Hammer »

available on Steam.

I played this for a couple hours last night. It is actually a good game, especially for free.

No vehicles other than the hard suit.
Still plenty of newbies so you are not totally outclassed for just starting to play (I actually made most dangerous opponent and team warlord last night a few times).
Hugely customizable weapons once you get enough levels and game points stored up.
You can spend real money and get some things faster, earlier.
The things you buy do not give you that much advantage over people that do not buy, at least it seems so.

It is basically an infantry only raw fps. There are tactics depending upon the game mode you play and if you cooperate with others. You really need voice comms to do this though. If people do cooperate in the game they will probably clean up. there are quite a few different game modes. I think there are seven or so different maps. They are not huge, but not cramped either. Of course I have not been able to explore all the cool things, there are air strikes, etc. I was able to get to level 3 in about 6 or 7 matches. Get to level 5 by Jul 16 and you get a free weapon tag (like a charm for a phone, but they give you different bonuses depending upon which you get and activate)! Oh boy!

For free I do not think it would get much better. There are games like LOTRO which is pretty polished, but different genre and not for everyone. I think STOL might be free to play now too (not sure). Of course I am signed up and waiting to be able to play MechWarrior Online. But this is a great game to pick up and play for 15 minutes if you have some time to kill or for longer sessions as it seems to push you to want to do more/better.

My in game name is RLGHammer.
Helmut
Softball

Re: Blacklight: Retribution, free game

Post by Softball »

I'll check it out when I have time. I've been splitting time in SWTOR and Secret World lately (more Secret World of late, pretty good game so far, I'm really diggin it).

Star Trek Online is F2P now Hammer.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG