Wargame: Air Land Battle

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Wargame: Air Land Battle

Post by Softball »

I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this one, looks sweet! It's the successor to Wargame: European Escalation.

http://www.wargame-ab.com/

More images: http://www.wargame-ab.com/?rub=images

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hudson

Re: Wargame: Air Land Battle

Post by Hudson »

I had never heard of the original before. I bought it just recently when I saw it on sale for Linux on steam, and it is pretty sweet. The campaign is tough as hell though. I'm at the half way point now and it's getting painful. It feels like every bit of ground taken and held onto is a small miracle. Anyway, I look forward to the new one if it's anything like the existing one.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

original is not too bad, a little bit too abstract for me. might be fun multi-player though.
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually I just reinstalled and played some of the original this weekend and liked it. more than I remember. would like to try some multiplayer.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'll see if I can get online this weekend Hammer. I'd like to give MP a try as well.

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Same. I'll try to be there.
Softball

Post by Softball »

Hammer and I had a chance to try out MP COOP. I was pressed for time (only had about 30 min to play), but in that 30 min, we had our asses handed to us by an EASY AI. Not having played in a while, I was still in a re-learning mode while playing. I would certainly like to give this another run and not in a "rushed" game where we can plan and be a little more strategic.

One small issue was connecting up in MP. I had to set the game to PUBLIC and then Hammer could see my game amd join up. Hammer had invited me as a friend in game, but it didn't seem to save or acknowledge the friend accepted decision. Without being "friends" in game, the Private game invites were not working as expected.

Maybe Thursday or Friday night? Hammer? Hudson?

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I'll try to make it for the next one. I've been playing through the last, I guess what was at the time a DLC, campaign. It's pretty brutal.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I will be on in a bit, same tomorrow night as far as I know.
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

FYI:
Wargame: Airland Battle is 25% off right now if you pre-order and you get immediate access to the MP Beta. I was planning on buying it anyway, so I went ahead and picked up the pre-order for $30. Really looking forward to this one.

I'll be around tonight if you guys want to try some MP Wargame:EE.

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Yep, I'm going to pick it up too. Should be around by 9 or 10. EST/EDT whatever it is time.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I had a last minute IT call out tonight, sorry I couldn't get online sooner. I should be around tomorrow night.

Softball

Post by Softball »

I watched some Wargame:AB Beta videos on YouTube, and based on what I saw, it's gonna be a MFer to learn and master. Looks OUTSTANDING though!

I played a couple of campaign missions tonight, and I got PWNED as usual. This game is the DCS of RTSs, so amazing and has a steep learning curve.

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

I finished the campaign last night, I think LITERALLY by the unit. I had to have one command vehicle at the end along with some other stipulations and I did. And that was it. I had 3 command vehicles and a supply chopper when I lost everthing else with about 90 seconds to go. Fortunately they couldn't clean up before the clock counted down. I also played my first online game last night, 4v4. We won, but not because of me. It was nice though for the 7 levels and 46 points I gained off of it for buying units. I'm going to play a little more and then give the Airland battle a try.
Softball

Post by Softball »

6 more days...

This is a pretty damn nice feature, can't wait!!
http://youtu.be/LBbweCyV3Io

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

It was loading up for me last night. It is just staging to be ready next week? The campaign thing is great and needed. Nice find :)
Softball

Post by Softball »

It's OUT!!

I played the first mission of the "easy" campaign (PACT vs NATO) as PACT and I am absolutely amazed with the attention to detail in the game. VERY fast paced with the introduction of the Air units, but pretty simple to manipulate and call your air units. You can even change your air unit's mission while they are en-route to a target.

Really looking forward to trying this in MP COOP.

Softball

Post by Softball »

You guys playing this yet? I'm having a blast with the new game; love the addition of the new Air units. I have to read up on how to add certain units in the Campaign though. I have only been able to call up (2) total Command units, makes it a little tough to capture locations on the map. In the mission "setup" screen before a battle, I see the Command Jeep, but it's not available for use (Shows (0) in the number of units you can buy). It only allows me to purchase (2) Command T72 tanks, and that's it. I'll have to find a manual or a web site with the info.

Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Not yet, I'll probably try to get into it this weekend. I know Jedi and Panzer are going to be around tonight and they don't have it yet, but I think they were up for Sins: Retribution. Join us if you like and help me convince them Wargame is worth it :)
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Wargame is worth it. ;)

not played it yet. been pretty busy the last couple of weeks.
Helmut