Homeworld Deserts of Kharak

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker939

Homeworld Deserts of Kharak

Post by Falker939 »

I got this on sale last Holiday season and I finally got around to playing it over the last few days here . With the desert scene - it sort of reminds me of Dune with improved graphics. Although It’s not very user friendly , you can’t change the Key commands for one thing - and the resource collectors are very slow and can make you wait all day to harvest anything. IDK I think it could be better but I’m only on the 4th mission. I seen a few YouTube reviews out there who say they really like it after playing for several hours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Modify my post and see if I care - We're in the pipe 5 by 5
Falker939

Re: Homeworld Deserts of Kharak

Post by Falker939 »

Update:

In mission 5 my carrier group came across a derelict space ship that crash landed several thousand years ago. From there, I was able to collect all my resources , complete all my research, update my units and build an armada all before the enemy found me. I got 5 attack fighters on deck ready for launch – just as soon as I can figure out how to launch them. Time to have a little fun with this. 👍
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

About 39 hours later and I finally Finished this one. It went by quick just when I was getting into the game – I blew up the big bad enemy aircraft carrier and What!? It’s Over? Only 13 Missions - Well I would say Deserts of Kharak is like any other strategic board game to play that gave me something to do. There are some flaws in this game that wasn’t well thought out when they put it all together. For instance, the research on several vehicles are worthless. It just gave the player another way to spend more hard earned resources. The Strike Fighters research was absolutely useless, they never did fly any faster or longer. But they turned out to be greatest asset when bombing the incoming enemy.. A must have…. Then there were other flaws like the Battle Cruiser, which cost more to build but didn’t perform half as well as the cheaper Assault Cruiser that kicked ass and blew the enemy away with rapid firing.

I would say it's more like a cheap knock off from the original Home World. Some things are familiar, like the pan out satellite map , and the com chatter in the background - that kept me playing on to see how it all turns out , although I believe they could have done a much better job. Thankfully, I got it on sale @ Steam so I can’t complain too much. I guess it was worth the $10 bucks for a cheap thrill - but I still feel like I got robbed.

13 Missions..? Come on Man..
Falker939

Post by Falker939 »

Now we do the Shuffle Dance – what else is there to play besides FPS