Ready or Not (S.W.A.T)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Trichome

Ready or Not (S.W.A.T)

Post by Trichome »

I spotted this video on Operator Drewski YT page Saturday and I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Take a look and let me know what you think. I already added it to my wishlist. Gameplay, sounds and physics looks great.

This will push R6S out if its release relatively soon..... still in Alpha though so who knows.

PanzerMeyer

Re: Ready or Not (S.W.A.T)

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Yeah that looks really great! Let's hope this game actually gets finished and released on Steam.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

If it’s more realistic than RS6 then I’m all for it and it would likely be of real interest to Hammer too.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

On a related note, I really wish SWAT 4 would be remastered with current DX 12 graphics. I'd gladly pay full price for that.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Early Access has been released....45$ on my end.....
Anyone else interested in giving this a go?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

39.99 here. I would say I'd pony up if you all would be interested in playing it on Tuesday nights instead of R6. This game may really, really appeal to Hammer. I'll link this thread to him. He might be willing to join.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I loved the Police Quest SWAT series, and SWAT 4 was really really good (I still have it installed!). IS this from the same franchise?

I might be interested but $40 is still kinda alot for me at the moment.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I picked it up. I'm open to giving it a try if you guys want. A bonus if Hammer can join in too!
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah the price is steep, so I'm not buying it until I see a commitment from the rest of the gang to play it. Trichome, can you give us your impressions of it. Perhaps that will persuade others to cough up the money.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It's an Alpha state game so how robust is the multiplayer right now? Have any of you tried it yet?
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

So far as I know, none of us besides Trichome have bought. 40 bucks for Alpha? Pfftt, I thought it was at least in beta. The video suggested there were some bugs, but nothing terrible. Hopefully, Trichome can tell us what he thinks when he has time.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I do plan on getting it but I'm in no huge rush right now.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I haven't tried it as of yet (finishing my F1 Season) I will within the next few days. To be honest I hadn't thought much about it. The videos look great and if its us playing together that's enough for me.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Magnum has been playing it and he likes it.
Knowing how critical Steam players are, this says a lot:
ALL REVIEWS:
Overwhelmingly Positive (6,051)
RELEASE DATE:
Dec 17, 2021

This is basically SWAT 5. Zip ties, commands to comply, etc. Not run and gun but think and execute.
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I’ll buy it once it goes Beta.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I'll be getting this for sure, looks really good. So count me in. Been following a few YouTube channels that play this, and they really get into it.
Check this one out:

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nice video! I think I'll just buy it tonight and start checking it out.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ok, I went ahead and bought it during my lunch hour. I'm looking forward to trying this out.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Yeah it looks like it is a continuation of SWAT4. Even has the same voices and interfaces. I dunno if the players were doing it or if it was automatic but the muzzle clearing when sweeping past other team members was pretty cool.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Spotted the video on Youtube this morning. First few minutes he talks about some of the new weapons, maps and modes coming.