Ready or Not (S.W.A.T)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Cr33p3r

Re: Ready or Not (S.W.A.T)

Post by Cr33p3r »

sounds good. keep in mind neptune spear has 2 versions, one has more enemies. We probably want:

"pakchunk99-Mods_Operation_Neptune_P.pak"
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Cr33p3r wrote:
05 Sep 2022, 08:40
sounds good. keep in mind neptune spear has 2 versions, one has more enemies. We probably want:

"pakchunk99-Mods_Operation_Neptune_P.pak"
I mentioned - Neptune Spear (dont use the "AI" pak in the Neptune file) - We can if we want more suspects, but then we cant use the AI Mod file we wanted to try this week. I agree, lets use the .pak file you mentioned above.

The README says:

Optional - More suspects (only required for host):
Remove any existing AI mode from ReadyOrNot\Content\Paks folder
Add pakchunk99-Mods_Operation_Neptune_More_AI_P.pak to the Paks folder
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Oh thx. I missed the details when I did a quick read.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Ok I'll install this mod for tonight.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
06 Sep 2022, 03:38
Ok I'll install this mod for tonight.
Refer to this post for the pak and links if needed

05 Sep 2022, 11:22
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Sorry not gonna make it tonight. Running late from a meeting.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

It was a slaughter fest.....

Maybe we'll have an update and some improvements by next week.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

It's hilarious that we've tried 2 mods that supposedly change AI behavior and I noticed absolutely no difference!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Sounds like the problem may be the players, not the AI hahahahaha. I probably wouldn't have helped much other than being another target for the ai to shoot at.

I played that neptune spear map with AI swat teammates on my own. I didn't complete it but did clear the house only to be shot in the backyard by 2 baddies.

Sunday afternoon I was playing with a random group of players from the RON discord and went pretty well. We actually came up with a system with 2 on one side of the hallway and 2 on the other with a 5th watching our backs. We didn't do great but did complete a few maps without all of us dying. We actually went in the HQ on the bottom floor and practiced for 5 min breaching doors in that mockup. I'd say we did "better" as a group but still many deaths at the hands of AI.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Once the enemy AI no longer behave like Counter Strike AI then things will be better.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I think Creeper makes some good points... it probably was us...LOL.

I would say we need to get better at using all our tools. Bangers, stingers (not sure of what else). Dividing up hallways and rooms is a great idea. Also.. no stopping in doorways. Bang and enter or just go in and the person behind should automatically go in the opposite direction when entering a room....

Well get to a point where we can get through with decent scores. It'll come...

I do enjoy Tuesday sessions with you guys regardless of the outcome.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 08:11
I think Creeper makes some good points... it probably was us...LOL.
I have to disagree here because I've seen many times now just how unrealistically fast the enemies move and then instantly stop and shoot you dead with one shot.
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

I hear ya... just playing off Creepers joke

The game 100% needs some adjustments to the AI. But, we need to get better at using tools and tactics. Which we will over time....

I'll look out for more mods. Hopefully they actually do something.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Trichome wrote:
07 Sep 2022, 09:38
I hear ya... just playing off Creepers joke

The game 100% needs some adjustments to the AI. But, we need to get better at using tools and tactics. Which we will over time....

I'll look out for more mods. Hopefully they actually do something.
Oh yes, I agree about the better tool use like for example stingers or flashbangs hitting the side of the door and knocking our own team out! LOL
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

I am intrigued and may make some mods myself to help the AI. I saw a recommended settings list here and apparently you just need to edit an ini file. I'm going to dig. Maybe I can develop one for just our group. Also, there is possibly that the ai mod we tried to use last night is only for specific maps, not overall ai in general so therefore would not affect gameplay on a custom map. Just thinking out loud here.

https://www.gamepretty.com/ready-or-not ... iguration/
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey Creeper if you can do something like that I think it would be great. Then we can tweak it to find that balance. I have zero experience amending that stuff but Ill be glad to help you test.....
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

sounds great. I will see about time for it this weekend.

I never did get on the VS I&A Arma server last night. My wife had a rough day so ended up spending more time with her.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I tried a little experiment on Sunday. I played one of the maps in "RAID" mode which is supposed to be harder. My AI squad mates completely wiped the floor with the enemy AI. I killed only 2 AI the entire mission! I just kept ordering them to open the doors and clear the rooms and they did it with utmost efficiency.
Cr33p3r

Post by Cr33p3r »

Hmmm. Makes me wonder if the AI are easier on that kind of mission vs a barricaded suspects mission. When I did the neptune spear mission with AI helpers, I did pretty good too. I guess the friendly AI can shoot from the hip just like the enemy AI can haha.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Cr33p3r wrote:
12 Sep 2022, 05:28
I guess the friendly AI can shoot from the hip just like the enemy AI can haha.
Yup, that's the case. On several occasions I saw my AI team mates gun down enemy tangos with split second speed.