Squad

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Squad

Post by Softball »

Anyone playing the game "Squad"? I tried searching the forums for any threads on this game, but didn't find anything. So, sorry if I missed it. They recently did a major update and release of the game and have introduced the U.S.M.C. Amphibious Assault update, which is pretty nice looking. I picked up the game way back when it was in Early Release, and now it has blossomed. If you all ever decide to start playing this, let me know, I'd love to join in. The game looks amazing, would be 100x better to play as a group and with friends.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/393380/Squad

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Trichome

Re: Squad

Post by Trichome »

Hi Softball....have it but only played it the day I got it (same day as ARMA 3 and DCS).

I found it a bit over whelming. Lots going on and every squad I was in seemed to be a bunch of people running around not being a "squad".
Im open to giving it a go if I can play with a set group of people (i.e. RLG members) if possible. We generally play Ready or Not on Tuesdays (mon, wed is DCS). I do prefer PvE instead of PvP but with a few people I might give it a go.

Any preferences for dates? Does anyone else have it?
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Does the game have coop against AI or is it only PvP?
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Trichome

Post by Trichome »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
18 Jul 2022, 10:03
Does the game have coop against AI or is it only PvP?
Only PvP unfortunately.....
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks Trichome for that info since I now know to not bother getting the game. :-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

Lol @ Panzer. PVP? Nope. I dunno, I'd think playing against other players would make things easier, since other players aren't perfect aims like the AI is in Arma 3. Do other players cheat? Possibly. I've watched quite a few matches of squad and it looks about as realistic as a ground combat milsim can get. I for one love the realism it portrays, and it gives you an idea of the fear that comes with combat. It is very fast paced and if you are playing on a Team that works together, you would dominate or at least have an advantage. There are quite a few RL military players in Squad, so I would think the experience would be somewhat organized and professional.
If we get enough people interested, I would love to give it a try. Weekends are best for me, as I work odd hours and cant commit to a specific day or time during the week.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I don't do PVP because I've found that many of the players you encounter in most games play the game like 10 hours every day so you really have no hope from the start. And besides, I don't want the extra stress and frustration that comes with PVP.
Softball

Post by Softball »

I would love to give this a try sometime. I believe when you first are starting out, you are limited on your role until you can rank up to better roles / weapons. This would be great to play as a "Squad" of RLG players. I love the realism aspect and of course the USMC module is a plus. :D I have watched quite a few videos of the gameplay with some play by play action, and man does it look good.

Trichome

Post by Trichome »

Hey Softball - I have the game but maybe have 2 hours in it. Not going to lie - it was a bit overwhelming when I tried on my own to join in. Biggest thing was I didnt want to mess anything up for the squad I was playing on....

Im also not the biggest PvP fan but Ill give it a go if you want to try it out.....Do you have any groups you tried to play with and had a good time?