Place to get good mods

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Place to get good mods

Post by Grifter »

http://www.ghostrecon.net/ has a Red Dawn Mod! That's right, it's based off of the 1980's flick! I've been playing it and like it overall. However, some of the missions are arguably inappropriate for small unit combat; nevertheless, it gives my sniper one hell of a workout. I also have been meaning to mention how much I despise the Black Sun Mod. I find it very hard to deal with ghost tanks appearing out of nowhere, enemy soldiers spawning in the room I just cleared a minute ago...it's very frustrating. I can rationalize random spawns in wide open spaces, but closed rooms and large objects such as tanks? Well, that's just my 2 bits.
Gator

Post by Gator »

Grif,

I haven't noticed the funny spawning on the black sun mod. Which missions specifically?

We played this mod a lot several weeks ago. The only trouble i remember is on the caves map where the enemy could "spot" you beyond where they were visible to you. YOu would be shot by perfect marksmanship BVR.

-Gator
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Post by Guest »

Have to say I have noticed that you can get your head blown clean off the second you place it out in the open, and also the enemy seem happy to smash rounds into the ground in front of them when you are just over the horizon - as if they can see you, even though you can't see them.

REgards, Don
Grifter

mission that comes to mind..l.

Post by Grifter »

The mission that comes to mind is the taking the castle and destroying the tank, I forget the name of it off the top of my head...but it uses the same map as the stock version for basically the same mission. Secure the castle, then destroy the enemy tanks.