-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

we are on RW channel5 now...
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Anyone tried SOF II online? Was it any good? would you recommend it?
Softball

SOF2

Post by Softball »

I have SOF2, but have never tried it online. I think it's alot like GR. Man, you get me thinking of all the MP games that are or can be so much fun(Steel Beasts, SOF2, MOHAA, Gunship), and how the hell am I going to find time for all these games? 8O

Had a great time tonight, GR ran great. Literally no lag, for me anyway. Too bad you couldn't keep your comms on tonight Kodiak, it makes playing alot more difficult when you have to fight and type. I sure enjoyed joining you GR guys, it was almost like we knew what we were doing. Lol! For me not playing GR very much, we all worked well as a team. Good planning, leap frogging, covering and manuevering, etc...

I look forward to the next time...

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

:wink:
Yep, just like I said as we were patrolling down the tunnel at the caves - we really looked like a sabre team, and people were thinking and talking like a team too.
The only element that is missing is the briefing and nomination of team leaders b4 a mission. maybe we should try that to some degree; have someone brief everyone else as to the plan they have in mind (how to execute the mission) and give everyone a task, pair everyone off where poss and have a leader in the pairings too - if everyone knew what was expected of them b4 going in then maybe it would make the individual actions more defined. For example; one team should scout ahead and report enemy activity, giving tasks to the sniper team, then the main demo team could move along a designated route less hindered and such. I know it would take more time to do, but it might just add that element of realism a lot of people could be looking for, who knows.
A simple adage we have, in not so many words states that "firepower wins firefights", very true in the right circumstances, but surprise is the winner of 4 of 5 battles. We could snipe a few patrols, egg them on (as they do) and then a flanked ambush with more firepower, meantime the sniper has backed outn of original position and is off looking for a new target. It goes on, but suffice to say, the best tactics are the easy ones to rme in a firefight. When the brass starts to fly you STILL need to remember what your own task is to think your way out of trouble. K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid!
Anyway, I ramble on again - more food for thought.
Although I think it important to play a few missions so I can get rid of all that lag!! :-)

Regards, Don