this game...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

this game...

Post by Hammer »

well?

we have not played this in quite a while... is it worth holding on to?
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I play it on occasion with Gerry and when I do Panzer sometimes joins me. But I got a feeling that it's pretty much dead. shrug.
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

I never had much of a chance to play it, cause soon after I got it, I lost internet. I liked it though.
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
Hammer_other

Post by Hammer_other »

And on that note, Madrus, i'm terribly sorry for not saying thanks for the disc earlier. If there's anything I can do to make up, please tell me. ;)
"...and the bombs go BOOM and the walls crash down, bang, bang, boom, boom, war is a terrible thing, OK?!..."

[img]http://www.stevelanephotography.co.uk/aviation/TEMP/Area51.jpg[/img]
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well , if we are going to drop it, shall we have a JO fest at some stage as some sort of " So long, and thanx for all the fish" type of thing? 8O
Madrus

Post by Madrus »

Your welcome Hammer.
"A government that is big enough to give you all you want is big enough to take it all away." --Barry Goldwater
[img]http://home.online.no/~rgt36/grafikk/fa-18-rot.gif[/img]
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I don't know, I think it's great. It's like OFP without all the confusion we get sometimes over what's supposed to be done in a mission.

I just realized I've never even looked at most of the maps (non-coop) that came with the game, or had the chance to use many of the new vehicles in the addon! Have to try those...
The Jedi Master
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well, guys I have to say you're pretty much welcome to it. Given the online side of things when we get involved with other groups is probably what did it really. I'm not enjoying the game anymore. So I guess it will be joining LO-MAC in File #13. :lol:
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

it has its good and bad sides...

graphics and environment are awesome, i don't think folks can argue that.

respawn - the good is that folks don't have to wait until a new mission to play. the bad is that it is unrealistic and you can never really fail a mission that does not have a time limit.

i would like to see respawns that are limited to a number of tropps in a mission ala OFP. i would like to see friendly AI in coop missions that you actually can respawn into ala OFP

vehicles - same issue as OFP, an infantryman just can not jump into a tank or helo and operate it. just totally unrealistic. vehicles take hit points instead of modeling penetration, etc. totally unrealistic.

i think this game COULD be a great infantry simulator, leaving vehicles out. great environment, weapons and effects. the respawn issue need to be figured out if it could be made that way.

this is a great GAME, if you like games and BF42 type of stuff. pretty much works the same way.

i don't like those type of games as i guess i am a more hardcore type of realism addict. i will probably trade this game in - even though OFP has some of the same issues, i feel it is better at simulating...
Helmut
Softball

JO

Post by Softball »

I would really like to give JO another try. Some of us got the expansion and then we suddenly stopped playing. I think I have played maybe 1 or 2 maps from the expansion. We also have another squad that wants to skirmish with us, they have been more that willing to hook up with us, it just doesn't happen for some reason. They seem like a great group of people, I wouldn't mind hooking up with them again.

If I could figure out how to make missions with the JO editor, I would certainly want to play JO more. The editor is not very simplistic or user friendly.

I am willing to play JO at least 1 night a week if others would join in.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

problem is that only some of us have the expansion - making us all incompatible. since we have not been playing a lot of it, makes sense that everyone does not want to pony up the bucks for the expansion. not everyone can spend money to get all games just because, epsecially when we do not play them that often. individual decision about what folks perceive as wasting money. so some will most always be left out.

mostly i can get any game i want, but i really dislike buying games, playing them 5 times, and then they clutter my desk/bookshelf...
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

While it's not the most realistic game, and I agree with Steel when it comes to realism, I'd be willing to give it another try. I would say that OFP is slightly better when it comes to realism but not by a whole lot. I think part of the realism in a game comes from how it's played. We like playing realistically, a lot of other squads don't. Still those guys from BOD are fun to play with and there a nice group of guys. So I say we give it another try. I'd be willing to play anytime, especially now that I got the expansion for birthday and everything is installed.