Turn off Reticle?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Turn off Reticle?

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to turn off the reticle in GR? Just got my E3D glasses, GR looks absolutely amazing in 3D, but the reticle is 2D and makes it impossible to aim cuz of double vision.
Gator

Post by Gator »

i'm sure that at the very least, you could replace the reticle bitmap with a blank bitmap, but there may be a way to do it more elegantly. I'll poke around and let you know what i find.

-Brian
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I mucked with that for a while - you have to get your convergence set just right... It will likely work, but I did not have time to get it just so... And if you do not do it, as you probably already know, you will not hit what you think you are aiming at! But you will probably have the same problem without a reticle as you will not have any aimpoint.
Helmut

Post by Guest »

Gator wrote:i'm sure that at the very least, you could replace the reticle bitmap with a blank bitmap, but there may be a way to do it more elegantly. I'll poke around and let you know what i find.

-Brian
Thanks Gator.

Post by Guest »

Steel wrote:I mucked with that for a while - you have to get your convergence set just right... It will likely work, but I did not have time to get it just so... And if you do not do it, as you probably already know, you will not hit what you think you are aiming at! But you will probably have the same problem without a reticle as you will not have any aimpoint.
Problem I have is the nvidia stereo drivers won't save properly. So setting convergence would mean every single time I play. You're supposed to be able to add a "laser reticle" that the drivers will add. Can't get that to work myself, but if we can turn off the reticle and use t his 3d "laser reticle" it'd be better. But oh man, GR looks amazing in 3D.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Everywhere I turn, more people are commenting on 3-D glasses. I suppose it's time to give them a try myself.
I had a Gainward GeF4 4600Ti, in mind as my next graphics card (which comes with a pair of 3D glasses anyway - even if it is only to give me an idea of what it is all about, and if I like them I can buy something better.)
Problem is my system at the mo is a PIII, 500Mhz 256MB SDRAM, using an Elsa Erasor Pro III - can anyone divulge if the Gainward will give me any advantage with an old setup like that?

Regards, Don

Post by Guest »

Gator wrote:i'm sure that at the very least, you could replace the reticle bitmap with a blank bitmap, but there may be a way to do it more elegantly. I'll poke around and let you know what i find.

-Brian
I removed the reticle files and the game runs fine, but there's a bright solid yellow square and lines where the normal reticle would be.
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

This is just a wild guess, but maybe you could rid yourself of the reticle yellow block by trying to make it transparent? Just a thought - and don't ask me how to make it transparent, not a clue. Although if I remember rightly there is a program for making your own reticles!! That ought to be your solution IMHO.

Regards, Don
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Hmmm...mine saved the settings O.K. I have not done anything with this in a long while due to time constraints, not sure if the new version of the drivers are better or not. Also, GR for some reason does not support the laser reticle. The E3D folks tried to get ot working, but I just did not (prolly still don't) have the time to screw with it. I understand that GR is one of the more difficult games to get it working with properly.
Helmut