New GR patch......Version 3.0!

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

New GR patch......Version 3.0!

Post by Softball »

I saw this over at http://WWW.GHOSTRECON.NET

GR Patch version 3.0..?? PATCH (45MB)

Here's a list of the FIXES

I am assuming this patch will be implimented/included with the Island Thunder install? I guess we'll find out tomorrow. :)

Also, I should mention that this is for the U.S. version ONLY! A Euro version will be released in October.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Please do not install yet!
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

What have you heard?

-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

No prob

Post by Softball »

ACK.

I will NOT install yet. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Gator

Post by Gator »

It looks like the v3 patch makes it less realistic in the area of wounding. As in the feature list is says that the wounded limping is gone ... well, so is the walking speed penalty that goes along with it. Another thing is that when the arm is wounded, there is no longer a penalty for the sights returning to center ...

-Bri
Gator

Post by Gator »

i have serious misgivings ... Since Island Thunder installs the patch automatically ... it's a tradeoff between all the great things in the patch + the new missions and maps vs. the loss in realism in the wounding... It's almost where I say, "oh, well ... we'll all just be supermen now"

-Brian
Grifter

some people are stupid.

Post by Grifter »

It's a fact. Some people are plain stupid. If you get shot in the leg, you're going to limp; that is, assuming you can walk at all. Why in the hell would you change that. BTW, is Island Thunder an add-on for GR or is it an offshoot game of it's own? Man.....STUPID!
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I had not heard anything prior to your posts here... It does sound for the better, why they would get rid of the limp is entirely beyond me...

My concern is that if we are going to play against the 151st group, they will not have the 3.0 patch for some time... The leagues that I am involved in will not go to a patch level until it is available to the entire world... I see two advantages in that. 1) You will not have any MP incompatabilities, ever. 2) You will give the patch time to see if it breaks something else.

If the majority of you do want to install it, then we will do so and put off our match with the 151 folks until they have it as well...
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Here is a question for those that have it:

Is it a mod that can be deactivated?

What about the fixes? If someone does have the addon and another does not, and the first person deactivates the mod do the patches go with it? Or do they remain and the two players are incompatible?
Helmut
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Here is part of the patch info:

Previous versions of Ghost Recon will no longer be compatible with version 1.3.

As stated before, if you all have the new mission pack feel free to play it. I will not likely be getting it for a while - not sure when that is.

I wonder what are the features of the pack and what are features of the patch.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

Correct me if i am wrong (brian): The only difference between the patch and Island Thunder is the missions and the maps. They both make the game version 1.3. If you don't have IT, you can install the patch and play with people who have IT (deactivated)

-Brian
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I am talking about playing the missions, not playing period...

Is the MP Cold War weapons filter part of the missions, or part of the patch?
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

It all sounds fairly promising stuff to me - I am going to d/l the patch and have a look at it. After all I am re-installing G-R almost every time I want to play at the mo, heh? LOL!
As for Island Thunder, well I will have to pick that up as soon as I am next in town. Anyway, will give you my thoughts on the patch as soon as I've had a blast with it.

Regards, Don