Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

Post by Gator »

Me. And I finally have IT!
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

9/27/02

Post by Softball »

I will try to be there. I am going to be running some OFP over at the 13th MEU. I will head on over when we are done or if nobody can make it.

I can't wait to try out some of the IT maps in MP.

See ya.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Grifter

what if I don't have it?

Post by Grifter »

I don't have it yet, can I still play or what?
Grifter

ok

Post by Grifter »

I'll be picking it up soon.

Later.
Grifter

I got Island Thunder!!!

Post by Grifter »

It came in at the local EB, I thought they would not have it yet since theyare so mismanaged. Anyway, do I still need to install the patch? Or does Island thunder come with it?
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I believe Island Thunder comes already patched so to speak - sadly I won't have it until at least tomorrow! Still I am up for playing at about 2100 Hrs Mountain time - I have to take the good lady to hockey! And no, not to watch - to PLAY! hell, I don't know how I managed to convince her but I did.
Anyway I will be there as soon as I can!
What kinda price we talking about for IT? Can't be that much seeing as it is a patch....

REgards, Don
Softball

Island Thunder

Post by Softball »

IT is $20 USD. When IT is installed, in updates your GR to 1.3, and then installs the IT Mod. Exactly like Desert Siege, but JUNGLE maps! :)

The patch updates the GR and DS to 1.3 without IT, so that you can still play GR without having IT installed. We would just have to deactivate the IT mod so that those that dont have IT can still play GR.

That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

IT includes the patch and will install it. Please let me know if you are going to play IT... If so, I will do something else...no hard feelings folks - if you want to try it just do so.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

I did enjoy last night, once I got online. Shame we had the server problem towards the end, but I managed to get through the most part w/o the lag problem too much, so I was happy enough. Thanx to everyone, and sorry for the "sniping" thing, I didn't realise what was happening until it was explained - cheating is NOT in my nature - so, again my sincerest apologies to all those I shot unfairly - hand grenades at dawn?
Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone - I DO think it may have had something to do with me, that server going off on one! But if I'm wrong then so much the better.
Should we try and find some obscure missions to play tonite? Or are you all busy? If someone comes up with a good idea for a mission or two - should they post it here? Obviously in good time for all to d/l such as us Kbps challenged types!! :lol:

REgards, Don
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Actually Kodiak "spawn raping" is a legitimate tactic...and can be very effective, especially if the there is not a high player count on the teams. One person can dominate the enemy spawn. In DF:LW on some maps you could see part of the enemy spawn from your own spawn and hit it with a sniper weapon... I played in a couple of leagues there, and it was never considered a bad tactic. It just did not happen that often as there were 8 folks per side and that kept everyone too busy for the most part. It can get old if you are trying to have a fun game and the other team is just frustrated trying to play...and it is actually not very realistic. So it depends upon circumstances...and the rules of the league you happen to be playing in.
Helmut