GR Patch News From ThePlatoon.com

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

GR Patch News From ThePlatoon.com

Post by Gator »

Just noticed this over at theplatoon.com. It will be nice if they bring back the limping. Not that I survive wounded for very long anymore. Hey Steel: Iron Sights can't be far behind :wink:
Rumor has it that Ubi Soft will be releasing another patch soon that will make a few changes and help fine tune the latest 1.3 patch. The major issue is the removal of limping. There has been considerable outcry from the community over the loss of this feature, and this is how Red Storm's Joe Sauder put it:
"It was a gameplay decision. I can't say much more than that at this point, but you know we have a history of correcting things when needed, so we aren't going to ignore the outcry that followed..."
Joe Sauder
Software Engineer, RSE
Of course since it has not yet been officially confirmed, we have no release date for the patch. However, our buddy MadCatJo states in this thread that a Ubi employee told him in the game lobby that we can expect the patch in roughly 2 weeks.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Nope! That does not say iron sights at all... The game was not designed that way, and most folks have not played any games with them. Plus they have all those other unrealistic things in there that I am not at all hopeful.

I think it would need to be a mod, and unfortunately that is way beyond what I am capable of doing...

BTW - picked up IT today. Had to trade in a game to get it.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

Steel,
I have an idea for iron sights...not sure how to make them come up and down like in AA or OFP ... let me see what I can do ... I know some other guy was trying ... not sure what he ended up with...
-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Softball

Great!

Post by Softball »

Steel wrote:
BTW - picked up IT today. Had to trade in a game to get it.

Cool beans! :D

I was starting to feel bad for you Steel, I could have bought you a copy. :)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Nah - guys I make enough money to get the things I want. I think you all have a greater need for your cash that I do. I just have SO MANY THINGS I want! :) Plus I am VERY anal about any type of debt...and have always/always will live well below my means. I used to squeak when I walked, but have at least loosened up somewhat. :D

Plus there is the time issue, I traded in Neverwinter Nights since I just don't have the time to play it any more. It is a GOOD game, and I enjoyed it, but prefer GR. So it was an easy choice - at least easier to pick NWN over FS2002 or IL2... So I still have those, but they are not installed and I have not even had the time to open FS2002.
Helmut