Iron Horse

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Man, I'm always up for kicking ass - just the damn problems I seem to cause with this 56K lark! I am IN, ALWAYS!
Mind you, if I am suffering with lag perhaps I could take the role of observer, maybe it would help give us an advantage since I could then use external view and such - do you think that might work? Maybe we'll give it a try if you all care to.
And last night ....AAAAAaaaaarrrrrrrggghh....! After that last mission I was in I went off to reset and try tweaking my settings - and then couldn't get back on to tell everyone I was not going to be able to do anything about it.
Something else I noticed recently is that I seem to have greater success with other people hosting on different addresses such as 4.xx.xxx.203 - not always, but for the most part, certainly that's how it appears from my end. Any ideas, guys?
It ain't fun having so much trouble with lag - but believe me it's even less fun screwing things up for you guys çause I'm absolutely positive I am responsible for at least 50% of the server crashes. :roll:
But, all I can say is let's just kill em all! :x

Regards, Don
Softball

WARNING!

Post by Softball »

WOOOOT WOOOOOOOT, IP Violation.

WOOOOT WOOOOOOOT, IP Violation.

Just FYI. :wink:

Ummmm, What time?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

AAwww nnoooooooo............. :oops:

Would someone please slap me round the back of the head, better still take a badly aimed hand-grenade and shove it down my trouser leg - I should know better than that! (Hangs head in deep shame...... :cry: )
Oh, I give up! someone call me wjhen you've lifted the ban.

Very peeved, Don
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

maybe we should have raptor host for a night and see if the lag is any better for Kodiak. it does make a difference with the different backbone providers and their peering agreements as to how traffic gets routed.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, thanx for that suggestion there Steel, it did seem to make a difference after the first two missions - I really enjoyed those R6 maps last night.
Anyway I guess I ought to begin listing my favourite weapons and combos, heh?

REgards, Don