New tactical gamer site and mod...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

New tactical gamer site and mod...

Post by Hammer »

Check out this new site:

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/

They also have a self developed mod, but took months to create it. New maps and missions, designed for MP. I think it is probably a must get... We should give it a shot this weekend.
Helmut
Gator

Post by Gator »

It's on its way to my desktop ... I may be online tonight if there's a GR movement ... not to be confused with other intel-gathering endevors.

-Bri
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

What other intel-gathering movements?? 8O

Anyway, I saw that too - 147MB! Well I am starting d/l now and maybe just done for when I get home this evening. It does look very promising, hope my fave weapons are in there.
There are a few other mods there , don't know if they are any use at all, but I am picking those up too.

Note: This is by no means an endorsement by me as to the quality of the mod - I have yet to d/l it, the write-up gives good press though.

Gator - you have any probs with me altering our weapons mod list, and letting me try to refine it as much as poss? It would be a good way to learn for me I guess. Talking of which, do you think I could fire the odd question your way about some of the stuff which confuses me with the weapons modding?
Last edited by KODIAK on 09 Feb 2003, 12:05, edited 1 time in total.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Gator

Post by Gator »

Kodiak,
Feel free to mod away. I'm always happy to help where I can. Let me know.
Brian
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'll download it and I'm up for playing tonight. see this forum for roll call. Hope all of you will make it as it was just me and Madman Madrus last night.
Softball

Tactical Gamer

Post by Softball »

Sounds pretty good. I will download and check it out. I will not be online tonight, going to the Supercross at Qualcomm Stadium tonight.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Okay then - I've had the chantce to play about with this mod now. First impressions are nothing spectacular really. No new weapons of real note to speak of. The mission ideas are good and make good use of the maps, there is a feeling of disorientation on initial spawning due to the start point but that adds a little something to it all. There appears to be an element of clipping to the advantage of AI, and most annoying is the actions of team AI - three times in the same scenario my teammate stalked past me after I had backed -up to avoid a shooter, and got shot and then I was promptly taken out after, and again clipping was involved too.
There was nothing truely positive which gained my attention about the mod, and I know several guys last night mentioned that they were experiencing excessive spawn-raping by enemy AI. :cry:
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah, I would have to concur with Kodiak on this one. There was random ending to the missions that, as Gator said, was caused by poor scripting. Furthermore, the spawn point was consistently overrun by bad guys. I would have to say that these need work.

Griffy.
Sabre

Griffy

Post by Sabre »

I object to Grifter signing his messages with "Griffy"
It implies a lightheartedness that I don't believe exists... therefor, I think he's up to something!
[img]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh298/loserinpink08/gun.jpg[/img]
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yes! my plan has worked to make Sabre paranoid of every move I make! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHH.....come laugh with me! BWAYAYAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA....satan bunnies...BHAHAAWAHAHAHAHH....I SAID LAUGH DAMN YOU! BWAYAYAHAHAHAHHAHHA..... ... YOU'RE NOT LAUGHING *CLICK* *BANG...BANG BANG*..... ................ ............ BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!
Sabre

ummmmm.....

Post by Sabre »

see what I mean! 8O
[img]http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh298/loserinpink08/gun.jpg[/img]