Rainbow 6: Lockdown Demo

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Rainbow 6: Lockdown Demo

Post by Softball »

If anyone cares, the demo is out, here is the info:

This demo includes a singleplayer mission (South Africa) and a multiplayer map (Prison). The singleplayer mission lets you play a campaign mission on two different difficulty modes, and in co-op. The multiplayer map can be played in Team Adversarial game mode. There are 17 weapons available in the demo (42 in the retail version), and all the equipment and grenades are available for both single and multiplayer maps – while the Custom Character Creation and usage is available in multiplayer.

http://www.fileshack.com/file.x?fid=8251

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Got it, decent graphics.

Make sure you pick Yes to install the DX Drivers.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll be downloading it and trying it out tonight.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Downloading now, should be quite good. Am interested in seeing what weapons are available, not just in the demo, but the full game. I might get into this one, or I might just wait for GR3. 8)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

RevRaz wrote:Got it, decent graphics.

Make sure you pick Yes to install the DX Drivers.
Why, is that one of those "install will fail"-if-you-choose-no things, or is there literally a slightly updated version of DX 9.0c in it?
The Jedi Master
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I hate those dumba$$ installers that FORCE you to install DX 9.0c if you already have it. Why can't they write a program that first DETECTS what version of DX you have?? Idiots.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Yeah, agreed. But it may be that the drivers have somew files to improve the experience of the demo too, tweaked in some fashion, I dunno.
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually, the directX redistribution, which is all they are allowed to distribute (no, nothing can be altered), has an installer that will detect what you have and update only necessary components. it could be a directplay database that is updated or some other thing...maybe there is a new software component in this game that requires an additional file from the directX package.
Helmut
KODIAK

Post by KODIAK »

Well downloaded, so gonna take a look sometime in the next few days.

RevRaz

Post by RevRaz »

Could be some form of anti cheat .dll too.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

the file on the WOF ftp server did not work for me. It acted like it would open up, but didn't actually do anything. I downloaded the same file from another source and it worked fine.

Raptor,
you probably want to check it.
Helmut