FreeCAD 1.0.0 rc1

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Xpendable

FreeCAD 1.0.0 rc1

Post by Xpendable »

This is neat. So all of the CAD (computer aided design) I have been doing for my Harrier cockpit has been in the free and open source tool called FreeCAD, which has been around for like 22 years. They just released their 1.0 version (1.0.0 release candidate 1) yesterday. Why am I telling you this? Because when you launch FreeCAD, it displays a welcome logo briefly, along with 1 of 15 or so randomly selected screenshots of FreeCAD models from the community that they hand picked to display. My Harrier cockpit model was chosen as one of the models, and you have a 1 in 15 chance to see it when you launch FreeCAD! I captured a screenshot last night - it took about 12 launches before it showed up for me. Yes, I knew about this. They reached out to me to ask if they could feature my cockpit. They asked me to add a bit more color, which I did.

Here's a screenshot of the welcome screen featuring my cockpit model...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bones

Re: FreeCAD 1.0.0 rc1

Post by Bones »

Wow, that's great, congrats!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Trichome

Re: FreeCAD 1.0.0 rc1

Post by Trichome »

That's so cool. Congrats!