Iraq now Available for Pre-Order

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Iraq now Available for Pre-Order

Post by Bones »

Offered in such a way like Afghanistan:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/ ... paign=news
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
PanzerMeyer

Re: Iraq now Available for Pre-Order

Post by PanzerMeyer »

**looks like I’m gonna need a bigger hard drive**
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

The new preorder is already being called "Semiraq" by some because the early access release will likely resemble only 1/4 of the country with the rest of the data completely missing, just as "Halfghanistan" is now. I read that the Afghanistan map was supposed to be complete by now but it's still the same since release, only being a fraction of what is promised. For those paying attention, ED is basically rolling out project after project in very unfinished state in order to generate revenue, and then almost completely stops updating it in favor of releasing the next unfinished early access product. ALL of the maps released in the last few years have had almost no work done on them after initial release (or so I've read). So if you do buy Iraq, be aware you'll likely be getting only a few detailed areas and the rest of the map will probably just be empty, unpopulated terrain - or maybe even missing the terrain itself... and it may stay that way for years or even indefinitely.
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Thanks for brining that up Xpen.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Their business model is unsustainable and terrible, IMO. I won’t be buying anything new for DCS any time soon.