New Blackshark Info

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

New Blackshark Info

Post by Softball »

Found some new info on the Blackshark helo sim coming next year. Looks like it's going to be a stand alone sim, not associated with Lock On. And they are going to have some aircraft addons that will appeal to many, like the Warthog A-10A and Apache AH-64A. Here are a couple of articles I found at SIMHQ:

http://www.simhq.com/_air10/air_325a.html

And here (Check out the Apache AH-64A cockpit shots on page 5 *drool* ):
http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_037c.html

I'm REALLY looking forward to this sim.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'll pre-order it as soon as its possible. I hope several of us on WOF decide to get it.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i hope they fix it up a bit and it does not have the same feel as lock on. the addons look to be great! are they all due out next year? when next year?
Helmut
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Steel wrote:i hope they fix it up a bit and it does not have the same feel as lock on. the addons look to be great! are they all due out next year? when next year?
Latest update says Winter of next year. As for the "feel", it should be very different from Lock On because Blackshark will be using the same high fidelity flight model which the SU-25 and SU-25T currently use.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

And the cockpits will be completely clickable (ala F4:AF), hence the reason they are making it a new stand alone version.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Each release should be separated by ~9 months. First the Ka-50, then I think the A-10A followed by AH-64A. After that, they've got ideas but no solid plans. The 2nd release, the A-10, will have a totally new engine apparently while Ka-50 will still have a modified LOMAC one.
The Ka-50 itself is done. However, while that's the "heart" of it, the "meat" of the game--mission editor, campaigns, etc--is still being worked on. It will be out "early" 2008 (read by summer if lucky) and maybe the A-10 will be out by Xmas.
There's a CHANCE of a 1.13 patch for LOMAC, but they can't promise yet. There is INTENT, there may not be RESOURCES.

The official site now: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/
Some awesome screenshots and videos there.
The Jedi Master