Black Shark (English DL Version) available

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Black Shark (English DL Version) available

Post by Softball »

As reported over at SIMHQ, the English DL version of Blackshark is available.

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/t ... ost2632035

I think I'll be getting this real soon...

Here is another video to wet your whistle:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 93512.html

EDIT: I went ahead and ordered this, I'm DLing as I type this. :D
Last edited by Softball on 11 Dec 2008, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm buying it tomorrow.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

I installed this at lunch, set the video settings to HIGH and I am getting anywhere from 20-50 FPS; it runs VERY good on my computer. I loaded up the first couple of training missions and watched as the narrator described the helo and instruments. I decided to jump into the cockpit and poke around, I could not get the helo off the ground, I was completely lost. LOL! Looks like I have some reading to do. I can't wait to try this with my TrackIR4.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

dam it to hell I am going to end up getting this an't I
Softball

Post by Softball »

Well, that depends how much you are willing and want to learn in a flight sim. I remember you were turned off by the complexity of Falcon 4; well this is Falcon 4 with a helicopter. The manual is 368 pages in PDF format, and I am about 1/4 of the way through it. LOTS to learn for sure.

This sim is in no way going to be something I/we learn over night. I will say this, I can honestly see WOF getting into Black Shark as a group/team. We could setup training schedules, weapons schools, etc... and make this into something fun like our Falcon 4 days.

Grifter, if you have not considered this sim, take another look, seriously. I think Black Shark is right up your alley; you may be pleasantly surprised and impressed. Let's just hope your computer can run it.

Steel, this is a must get, and I'm pretty sure you will like it.

I will try and get some screenshots up when I can. I took a few shots during the training sessions. :)

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

what are the install limitations? any number? 5 only?
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

The DL version is 8 activations and 10 de-activations. Not sure what they mean by 10 de-activations. I'm guessing that a deactivation will free up an activation? But if so, why the need for 10? I'll look into it.

Gator

Post by Gator »

that would account for the times that you forget to uninstall it when you decide to reinstall your OS ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

look into the dvd version as well
Softball

Post by Softball »

I found this:

Q: What form of copy protection does the product utilize?

A: The English release of DCS: Black Shark utilizes StarForce copy protection technology. The product requires online or phone activation. If StarForce detects changes to your computer hardware/software as described below, an activation will be required. The English version includes 8 (eight) activations and 10 (ten) deactivations. It's important to note that deactivations are utilized to save your activations when altering your PC hardware/software. Before conducting a PC upgrade/OS re-install, you can deactivate the product and when complete, reactivate without a loss of activations.

I could not find anything on the DVD version, as it's not out yet. I have to assume it's the same as the DL version.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

so wat if I have a pc crash and a deactivation is just not possable. surley they would detect the new windows install as a new pc. This is why I realy hate this activation thing. You will more then lieklay never hit the 8 installs, but hey for all you know for the next 2 months you may go through pc reinstalls form crashess da da da well u got 3 left
Softball

Post by Softball »

Im sure you will be able to communicate with ED and work out a way to get additional activations if necessary. In all the years I have been playing games, I can't remember ever installing any one game more than 8 times, even with the PC upgrades I have done.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

VEGETA wrote:dam it to hell I am going to end up getting this an't I
I dont know Veg. If you weren't willing to put in the time to learn Falcon 4 I dont think you should bother with Black Shark.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
VEGETA

Post by VEGETA »

um i have no issue learning a new system don't get me wrong. but with falcon 4 you guys jumped in and went and played while I sat there fiddling trying to figure things out idea. Big learning curve but you all knew it idea. This we all learn from scratch idea so helps a lot

Also I must admit I am not a fan of the f-16. Honestly they should have gone with the f-17 (now the f-18) lol. I am a big fan of helicopters I mean it is a BIG prop lol and like Buff I must admit I realy do like WW2 prop planes. I mean lockon for example is fun but I would take il2 any day and its not the complexity at all about it. I will probabley buy this the week and start figuring it out.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

well, much as i would like to have this and be able to learn it i just do not see it for me for the foreseeable future. i just do not have the time to invest into it. :(
Helmut
Softball

Post by Softball »

Yes, it will definately take some time to learn. Whenever you're ready we'll still be here.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

so who actually has this now? compare to EECH latest version?
Helmut