DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
daofcmacg

Re: DCS: A-10

Post by daofcmacg »

anybody catch this on DCS website:
PRESS RELEASE

The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics Release Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Upgrade

DUXFORD, UK, March 26, 2009 - The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics have released Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2. This is an upgrade to the unofficial Lock On: Flaming Cliffs add-on. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 features all the flyable aircraft of Lock On: Flaming Cliffs and includes several fan-requested updates to aircraft, sensor, and weapon systems. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs combines a large stable of modern U.S. and Russian aircraft to fly over Russia and Georgia with game play for both casual and hardcore flight simulation enthusiasts.

Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 features the same world environment and game functionality as the Digital Combat Simulation (DCS) series and is online compatible an updated copy of the Ka-50 attack helicopter simulation DCS: Black Shark http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com. Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 allows Lock On pilots and Black Shark pilots to now fly online together in both cooperative and head-to-head online play.
Check the second paragraph. Am I reading that right? Internet Coop between two games? Lovely

DA
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

LOL It's like DA came out of a time capsule recently.

Yeah DA, the cooperative link between Black Shark and LOMAC 2.0 has been out for a while and it's a lot of fun. Jedi Master and I have played a couple of missions that used planes from both sims.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Your right Panzer, I've been locked up in a time capsule. Dealing with house issues and other things, I just forgot how to have fun. The real big thing is I became an instant father to a teenager (I have a daughter in Virginia that I finally got in touch with who is 17 going on 45). That has been a strain and a half.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I pre-ordered it and downloading now. Again when does this SIMM come out?

DA
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

daofcmacg wrote:I pre-ordered it and downloading now. Again when does this SIMM come out?

DA
The playable version right now is on beta 2. No one knows when the full official update will be out.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Softball

Post by Softball »

Heads up DA, DCS A-10 has a bit of a learning curve. :D

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Softball wrote:Heads up DA, DCS A-10 has a bit of a learning curve. :D

DA is former Navy right? He should have no problem learning the sim quickly with his smarts.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Smarts???? What's that!?! Only thing I know is plane go boom when it takeoff and go crash when it lands!!!!!! LoL!!!!

DA
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

Should be fun getting you back OL with this DA and DCS A-10 is also being touted as OL playable with Blackshark and Flaming Cliffs 2 so that will be 3 games online compatible. We can have Choppers, A-10s and F15s all flown by us on the same mission by three Sims. now that would be an excellent Co-Op oppertunity.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Nemisis wrote:We can have Choppers, A-10s and F15s all flown by us on the same mission by three Sims. now that would be an excellent Co-Op oppertunity.
Oh yeah. I'm having a major nerdgasm right now. LOL
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

PanzerMeyer wrote:
Oh yeah. I'm having a major nerdgasm right now. LOL
Really!
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Well I bought Flaming Cliffs 2, it was on 20 bucks and it came with the original Lock-On. Right now I can't figure out why the Hotas input is over sensitive and none of the plane's I choose will hold str8 and level even when I add pressure to the Hotas. I installed the update and I will see what that does.

DA
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

DA try adusting the Axis input curves in the control panel so that initial flight control inputs are less "dramatic" and you will find that programming the trim controls to your Hotas in Lomacand Flaming Cliffs 2 is a good idea as all the planes flight paths rise and fall with speed variances and to keep level flight needs constant adjust ment unless your speed is stable.
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

WoW! That is interesting, I've put in alot of hours flying flight sims and I never encountered that, I guess they were bound to get it right at some point. OK so how do you adjust trim controls in Flaming Cliffs 2, I found nothing that even suggested that option. I did program my HOTAS from Windows 7 like I've done everytime I disconnect and reconnect it. WoW! you actually have to trim your aircraft for level flight now in sims COOL!!!!

DA
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

I'll assume you are being slightly sarcastic DA as IL2 also has trim controls that need adjusting during flight and i know you've flown that!
PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Sigh.

LMAO!!
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

Yeah the prop pitch and such but never the yoke. I never gave it much thought or effort until now.

DA
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

OK is it me or I just need some serious help with my ThrustmasterII. I ven bought a cheap ass logitech all in one joystick and I still couldn't get that to work in this game. I need some advice help hell is there a profile for the thrustmaster in game for DCS A-10?

DA