Hudson

STEAM DAILY DEAL FOR DCS

Post by Hudson »

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223750/

Some things are heavily discounted!
Softball

Re: STEAM DAILY DEAL FOR DCS

Post by Softball »

$10 for the A-10C is a steal!! Snag it up if you don't have it.

I finally got Black Shark 2 installed. Was a bit of a pain, as I apparently didn't have Black Shark 1 installed (It WAS installed) when I tried to activate the Black Shark 2 serial. I had BS1 installed outside of DCS World, and apparently it was not being recognized by the upgrade to BS2 process. I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall BS1 for the BS2 license to work. I also had to choose the "International Upgrade License" when activating the BS2 license.

Speaking of Black Shark 2, I have an extra "upgrade" license of BS2 if anyone who has BS1 would like to upgrade to BS2. Apparently I bought a package deal back in June 2013 and I didn't know it included a BS2 license. So, first come first serve. Shoot me a PM if you are interested. You MUST have BS1 to use this upgrade license.
Last edited by Softball on 10 Feb 2014, 23:09, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Softball

Post by Softball »

Side question: Is the Apache AH64A or D Helo slated for DCS? Cause that would be the bees knees if it was.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark or Staark_RLG
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Not to my knowledge. What I know is coming:
The F/A-18C has been acknowledged, but no one is expecting to hear anything until around August at the earliest. And that's not even implying the release would be in August.

We should be seeing the FW-190 Beta sometime soon-ish. During the WWII Kickstarter 'February' was given as an estimate for that, but that may not be 100% accurate as Ilya has stated more than once he's in no position to release such information (though they had to give something for kickstarter which is probably why we got Feb.)

I've heard the new graphics engine and Nevada map were supposed to be out about 4 months ago, so that's behind schedule if that statement is true and no real idea when it will be.

I've also heard there is another map that will 'make a lot of people happy', but that has not come from ED. There are some interesting screen shots of Afghan villages around though. Haven't heard Afghanistan mind you. Just putting 2+2 together to get fish, so I may be way way off in the end.

Third Party:
The Hawk is coming without AFM this month, and the AFM will be a $10 upgrade to that when ready. AFM work is apparently going very slowly so they're going to release as is and continue working on it.

Belsimtek is working on an early Cobra. AH-1G, I think.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

there are registry key entries you can use to install the BS2 upgrade. but it sounds like you got it done anyway.

I had huge issues getting activation to work, and even though I flew around in the ka-50 (thx to Hudson for both efforts) I would probably rather still play Steel Beasts and ARMA 3.
Helmut