Lomac

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hades

Lomac

Post by Hades »

From the simhq benchmark tests of lomac they say that 512 ram is not enough for the game if i understood right.
I got a 2.8+ghz with an ATI Radeon 9700 pro and 512in ram.

I dont know mutch about computers but if i got it right Lomac have problems with the ATI card and the ram is not enough so it looks like im in serius trouble:(
but on the other hand it was an early beta code, so i would like to hear what you guys think since you all know mutch more about this stuff then me.
How mutch does a game usually progress from beta to it hits the store?
Do you guys think it will be ok with my computer?

One of the problems is that im not allowed to open my computer so i cant upgrade it since my dad bought it thro the company his in and he pays a sum evrymonth and untill its fully paid hes not allowed to open it cause then we loose the garantie (spelling??)
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Hudson

Post by Hudson »

Problems with ATI cards from Ubi? You don't say.... sounds like something else I can't qui****COUGHRvSCOUGH*** remember the name though...

Well, hopefully Ubi will sort out their ATI support problems before the games release. The RAM is nothing though. Well not nothing but its not major either. For a brand spanking new top oh the line PC3700 512 MB DIMM your talking $94. And if you're 'only' using PC2700 then the price drops to $59. (www.pricewatch.com, should include ground shippping at least)

As for processor you have 2.8 GHz P4 or Athlon equivelant so you should be fine. They are talking summer release which is almost upon us. and we 'only' have 3.2 GHz processors. We aren't supposed to see 4 GHz before years end so I can't imagine the game would have a problem with a 2.8.

And honestly in a nice system with 1 GB RAM a nice 9700 Pro w 128 MB RAM and a 2.8 Ghz processor I don't think that you are going to see any problems, just keep an eye out for some nice cheap 512 MB DIMMS... but that's just my two cents....
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

hell I was thinking about buying LOMAC this weekend...give me the scoop somebody.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Gator

Post by Gator »

Word is, LOMAC ships mid-end of August, so there's no way you could pick it up this weekend...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver
daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg »

I just found out.

DA
Grim Diablo, Grand Admiral, Erebus System Survey Group
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU
Hades

Hi

Post by Hades »

As i understood the ati problem LOMAC had is solved so thats good
about the upgrade i guess its to wait and see how lomac works on my computer and as you said ram is cheap compared to other stuff.
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force
Nemisis

Post by Nemisis »

There is a Beta version review of LOMAC on the Biohazcentral site http://www.biohazcentral.com/index.php? ... lay&ceid=8

This review has just been posted 19/08/03 (British date format, the way it should be written :wink: )

and it is a great review although this is only part 1 of the review, but the test was done on a PC with the following specs:

MSI K7T266Pro2-RU
Athlon 1800+ (Overclocked to +2100)
512Mb PC2100 RAM
ATI Radeon 9600Pro 128Meg w/Catalyst 3.6 drivers
DirectX 9.0b
80Gb Maxtor Drive
48x LiteOn CD-R drive
WinXP Pro SP1
CH Products ForceFX/Pro Throttle/Pro Pedals HOTAS setup
TrackIR unit w/2.11 driver

and the reviewer say that he had all Graphics settings Maxed out and it ran without a problem only getting a little Choppy as he put it when there was a lot of action on the screen ie explosions and aircraft all in the same area, but even then not to bad and as you will see from the PC specs i don't think any of us will have any probs with LOMAC!!

If he can run it on a slightly over clocked XP1800 with 512 PC2100 ram i think we will be ok especially you Hades 2.8ghz Pentium or XP2800 should run this like a dream especially with the 9700 on board.
Lose Sight! Lose The Fight!8)
Barrie "Nemisis" Brownlee
[img]http://img201.exs.cx/img201/2690/nemisissignature0xl.gif[/img]