Bomber Strike

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Bomber Strike

Post by Bones »

Random mission generated from the NZArma mission generator. Had a bunch of bombers come in; attacked them with a single F-14. Took a hit from an F-5 but fought on even though the hit ripped off all my missiles. I tried to kill the remaining bombers with just the gun, but was already very low on ammo!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Grifter

Re: Bomber Strike

Post by Grifter »

The fact that the hit ripped off your missiles and yet you were able to fight on is kind of incredible.
Bones

Re: Bomber Strike

Post by Bones »

Grifter wrote:
30 Mar 2021, 13:07
The fact that the hit ripped off your missiles and yet you were able to fight on is kind of incredible.
Thanks. Yeah I barely noticed I took the hit, then when I went to engage, it was like, hey where did my missiles go?!?

I considered running but those bombers were threatening the boat and I was the only asset up. I didn't know if I'd have enough 20 mm. My last kill is amazing to me because my last rounds killed the last bomber, and I was out of ammo with that burst--If I missed there would have been nothing else to do but ram him.

You may notice too that my wings were damaged--locked at 50 degrees. Which also made flying and landing a challenge.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot