Patch 2.7 Tryout

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Bones

Patch 2.7 Tryout

Post by Bones »

Did a quick dogfight in the F-14 with 2.7

Not too shabby. I didn't mess with any settings, so I wonder if I could improve the cloud look because to me they seem a bit cartoony. I will say that it made dogfighting interesting. I lost the bandit in the clouds and even the HAZE here and there and if it wasn't for my red dot I would have lost him completely.

I was pleasantly surprised about one more thing aside from clouds that I noticed, at least for the Tomcat: Jester actually calls out your airspeed on the fly now!

That was helpful!

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Jedi Master

Re: Patch 2.7 Tryout

Post by Jedi Master »

Yes in the vast changelog they mentioned Jester was improved with airspeed callouts.

They also mentioned the clouds do NOT affect AI LOS, so put it in for A2G-only missions but anything where enemies can use their eyes to see you they can see you when you can't see them!
The Jedi Master
Bones

Post by Bones »

Or leave your dot/labels on to even out that playing field.

Jester also had a few new lines. When I touched down for landing he said "Wind shear! IN YOUR PANTS!!! Nice landing" Also some nice fire effects

v6,
boNes
Last edited by Bones on 14 Apr 2021, 14:28, edited 1 time in total.
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
Bones

Post by Bones »

Also I noticed the water texture around the carrier is improved and there is sun haze as the sunlight burns through the clouds. The clouds are also reflected in your canopy glass.

v6,
boNes
Bones

Post by Bones »

F/A-18 Coupled waypoint autopilot worked well, but target WP did not seem to. Also I found a bug...the water was reflecting the clouds in the sky even though there weren't any.

v6,
boNes
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

Well I am a VR user, and as noted already in the patch notes (so I am told), the clouds flutter up and and down in elevation 10-100 feet about 3 times a second. It's more prevelant in external view or when looking over my shoulders. I am looking forward to that being fixed. I have also had a couple crashes due to running out of memory on a multiplayer server, so that's not good. I only have 16gb of ram so if you are on 32gb you probably won't run into this.
Xpendable

Post by Xpendable »

I am happy to report that after I removed a bunch of mods things were much better for me. I had no issues flying on RL last night, and no issues flying on MVP servers this morning. Whew!
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

That's good news, Xpendable. Great flying with you the other night. I know Bones and I will want to link up with you directly next time. Maybe we can fly top cover for your Harrier. :-)
Bones

Post by Bones »

Glad things worked out Xpen. Sorry didn't get to fly with you Wed night, had some bad customer support issues going on at the same time that had to be taken care of. Look forward to flying with you Wed night if not sooner. Let me know whenever you are free to do so!

v6,
boNes