DCS Fan Film

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

DCS Fan Film

Post by Grifter »

Just need a break from work and I found this fan made film on Hoggit. It really showcases how beautiful and realistic this sim thanks to 2.7 updates.
PanzerMeyer

Re: DCS Fan Film

Post by PanzerMeyer »

You know what's funny is that I miss pretty much all of those details due to the hectic nature of the missions we play which require constant attention to where the enemy is or making sure you don't crash into the side of a mountain while looking at your MFD's. One of these days I just need to do a "free flight" with no enemy units on the map so I can just fly around and observe.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I love the dogfight depiction in this fan movie. Speaks the frenetic nature of combat flying that you're talking about, Panzer. But, yes, this sim has gotten surprisingly realistic and beautiful over the years, albeit still deeply flawed.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yah - petty nice movie. but i also never get to hear the engine sounds like that, or see most of that action. i think maybe if you are not in the action just yet it might pay to go watch someone deliver ordnance or watch a dogfight.

seeing the Red Tails makes me want to fly the Mustang, but arguably the Jug or the FW-190 are the better aircraft.
Helmut