Mixed VR/Reality Simulation

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Mixed VR/Reality Simulation

Post by Grifter »

Guys this technology may have real potential if it can be perfected and sold commercially at a reasonable cost. Check it out

EDIT: someday, if this tech takes off, I could see me learning arduino, etc and creating my own sim pit. I would want the sim pit easily covertible into a more standard office setup. I've seen such setups on Hoggit. They are very cool, but pricey. Might be worth it if we keep playing flight sims though. Projects for my retirement I guess.
Xpendable

Re: Mixed VR/Reality Simulation

Post by Xpendable »

Cool stuff. I am well versed in Arduino, btw. I used to build Animatronic animation controllers for pneumatic Halloween animatronics as a side business, and they were actually Arduino-based. I also built a custom 1 of a kind RC transmitter for a WWII Fletcher class destroyer with realistic engine order telegraph simulation and constant speed rudder motor simulation. The whole thing ran from a single Arduino. I built a Cessna 172R half cockpit a few years ago (which was lost in a flood). I am building the top front half of the Harrier for use in VR.
Grifter

Re: Mixed VR/Reality Simulation

Post by Grifter »

Wow, that's awesome. Great skills set to have at your disposal. If I ever get into it, I would definitely want to pick your brain on the subject. Send pics of the Harrier pit as you're building it. Would love to see it. :-)