Random Mission Generators

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

gravyy

Random Mission Generators

Post by gravyy »

last evening we were discussing how to get JTAC to "spawn" targets to go hit, like we did with the train depot on Monday 3/31

Found a random mission generator on reddit I thought I would share called "briefing room for DCS"

https://akaagar.itch.io/briefing-room-for-dcs

Grifter

Re: Random Mission Generators

Post by Grifter »

Ha! I found the same posting and forwarded it to Hammer and Bones! Might be useful for training.
Bones

Post by Bones »

I also have a random mission generator for Caucuses and Persian Gulf, but not sure how it would be on the MP server.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

Also found Liberation Campaign Engine which is pretty cool. You can setup CAP patrols for AI, create multiple player/client slots for different rolls

Here is a long, although very informative video from jabbers

https://github.com/dcs-liberation/dcs_liberation

Found the r/hoggit Tuesday night noob training miz hosted on github, you can generate A2G ranges as well

https://gitlab.com/hoggit/developers/tnn/-/releases

Im trying to become more profeccient with the A-10 and F-18 in ground attack. I did pay months ago for a DLC / training campaign for the F-18 for BVR but havent tried it yet.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

for any mission generators one thing they MUST do for our group use (not for yourself) is be able to generate multiple player/client slots in different kinds of aircraft. some may not understand the amount of work that goes into ensuring a mission will work for us and have enough aircraft slots and aircraft types to suit us all. even Surrexen's missions are not the best fit for us out of the box.

Liberty is probably not for us. it works by generating a mission, put it on the server, fly it, get out of mission/server, use the software to get results form previous mission, generate next mission, put on server, flu mission, rinse and repeat. not sure that is workable for us on MP nights unless we fly only one mission. if someone can spend some time digging up the details of this process it may help understand its use.
Helmut
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I can look into it perhaps early next week. We typically only fly one mission per Wednesday night. So, it might be an option. I’ll take a look.
Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Nice, thx guys. I am just really strapped for time with the new gig.
Helmut