Weird mapping issues

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

gravyy

Weird mapping issues

Post by gravyy »

Went to spend some time in my A-10 today and it seems like DCS is ignoring my mappings on A-10C II Game, and forcing them to A-10C II Real

Cleared the mappings and rebound them and it's not acknowledged my modifying keys

Is there a config file or something to tell the module what mapping to look at? My Google-Fu is lacking

I am doing a fresh reinstall (200+GB ugh) hopefully clears it out. Renamed the directory in \saved games and ...Steam\...\DCS World
Hammer

Re: Weird mapping issues

Post by Hammer »

Bones might be able to help with steam, but i have no experience with this issue as i have never used game mode.
Helmut
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

Unless I had it backwards... Although I was fine when we played MP Wednesday night and it only affects the A-10

I ended up nuking my Install. So far so good. Didn't know if losing mappings was a common thing. The F18 was fine when I checked.
Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

If the .lua is getting corrupted, you could try deleting them (or moving them to another folder) and then letting the game create a new one from scratch to see how it fares.
The Jedi Master
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Agree with Jedi. No need to reinstall the whole game. Simply delete the .lua file and the game should create a new one. Also, why are you binding "game" instead of "sim"? What's the advantage?
gravyy

Post by gravyy »

It is A-10C II Real that needs the bindings. I actually figured it out after the reinstall, I had not reinstalled anyway since the original installation. My left control key was stuck on mykeyboard cuasing none of my binding to work. *facepalm*

A-10C Game is for the external views.

There are no advantages to mapping the Game, however I thought at the time thats what it was stuck mapping to. It was just a massive brain fart on my part. I got so frustrated my critical thinking and troubleshooting went out the window.
Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Ahhhh! This has happened to me, too. So frustrating.